Okay. So my title will explain most of my blog this morning. I have a lot to say and it's probably because I haven't posted in a while. My Internet was down yesterday, so I didn't post my weight.
My band tightened a bit on me over the last few days. This is something I'm thinking about...my family took me out to dinner for my birthday at a steak restaurant. I used to love steak, medium rare, lots of salt, mmmm....well, I tried to eat it on the cruise and it didn't go down easy and gave me pain and discomfort for an hour or so after I ate it and at my birthday dinner, I tried to go slow and small bites and I only ate about 1/4 of the steak and I had the same feeling. I don't think steak is a good for me anymore. It's funny though, it didn't taste so good either, I don't know if it was not so great steak or just me not loving it anymore since my band. Anyway, the point you say? The next day, I woke up kind of tight and tight throughout the whole day. I took it really easy and had mostly liquids and soup. Yesterday was a lot better, but still a little on the tight side. Same thing happened on the cruise after I ate steak. I'm thinking that when I eat something that has trouble going down, it seems like I tighten up for a few days. I'm still a bit tight, but getting better....worse in the morning and at night. Nothing near as tight as I was back in July or anything.
The good news.....I'm down to my lowest 164!! Yeah....I guess that goes hand in hand with not eating much huh???
A NSV....I went to Costco and they had some Buffalo Jeans on clearance and I need some new jeans. These jeans are by waist measurement and length. I'm so not used to buying clothes that way. I've always bought based on a number size 18. I was never able to fit in the clothes that went by waist and length number. So, I wanted to buy a pair (they were only $19.99, regularly $34.99 at Costso) I, of course, went for the biggest size they had (something I have always done and hoped I could squeeze in) which was a 32 waist by 33 length (I wanted them long to wear with heels, all my jeans shrink in the length and I look like I'm waiting for a flood). Of course, Costco doesn't have dressing rooms which I hate. I put them up to me and they seemed good. Took them home.....way tooooo big. Did you say what? yep, way too big!!! Can you believe that?? I don't know if I should go with a 31 waist or a 30. I think I need to go for the 30. I guess I'm making another trip to Costco today to exchange and hope they still have some 30's and also hope the 30's are not too small once I get home. This is why I don't usually buy clothes from Costco. What a pain in the ass, but how can I pass up a pair of $20 Jeans?
Another NSV....saw some of my family on Thanksgiving who haven't seen me since my Granny's funeral right when I got the band put in and they were like OMG, you look so good, you have lost a ton of weight!!! They don't know about the band unless others have slipped when I'm not around. I don't care though if they were to find out.
Some bad and a bit scary news.....I was in contact recently with a band friend that I met right as I was banded. She had hers done by the same doctor as me and had hers done about a week before I had mine done. Well, she had to have hers removed because of it slipping and she experienced a lot of spontaneous tightness similar to mine, but it seemed a lot worse. I feel sorry for her and a bit scared since I experience similar things as she. After talking with her and after this last bout of tightness, I decided to make an appointment to get another cc taken out. I'm about 1 1/2 months away from my 1 year and my free fills and unfills. I would like to get to a good spot before then. So I'm going to go in on the 15th and have 1 cc taken out and then if it's too much, I will have one more opportunity to have a slight fill before my 1 year Bandiversary.
I have more to say, but have to run. I'll try to post again later.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment