Monday, November 9, 2009

3 days and counting and feeling loose.



I'm so glad my band is relaxing a bit. Sorry if I keep posting about the cruise, but I'm just so excited!!! Can't wait!! 3 more days.

We had a birthday sleepover for my now 9 year old son this weekend and had two little boys sleep over. It was fun, we took them to the movies, had pizza and played video games. We all went to bed at about 11 p.m. and then they woke up at 5 am. I was so exhausted yesterday. Tried to nap, but I can never seem to nap during the day unless I'm sick. So on Saturday and Sunday I was eating real good and not feeling tight at all. It was a relaxing birthday party for a change with just two additional kids. I'm a stresser and that is probably why my band tightens so easily with emotional changes as my doctor says. So, since this was so low key and stress free, it seemed my band was doing good. I had some popcorn at the movies and felt like I could eat endless amounts, had a candy bar and a slice of pizza for dinner. I was even able to eat a slice of birthday cake. I know, not a good diet for a bandster, but like I said, when I'm not tight, I really enjoy eating like a normal person, so I go a little overboard.

So yesterday after everyone was gone, I had to run some errands for the cruise and was feeling a little stressed and hadn't been drinking enough water that day and tons of coffee and all of a sudden I felt my band tightening. I can't really explain what it feels like, but I do get a little bit of pain in my back and sometimes at my above my ribs at my bra line. I always have to undo my bra when this happens. Anyway as I was driving home, I realized this was happening and I was stressing myself out thinking about everything that needs to be done before we leave and so when I got home, I drank a glass of water made a cup of tea and drank hot tea and relaxed on the sofa for a bit and tried to destress and it worked. My band loosened up a bit. I decided to have Chicken Noodle Soup for dinner just to give my band a rest and to make up for all the junk I had been eating all weekend and it was fine from that moment on.

I just mention all this because, maybe it is me doing this to myself. I think I need to work on relaxation and maybe meditate daily or do some Yoga classes. I really don't have a very stressful life, it's me, I'm a stresser. I stress over the smallest things. Always have.

So after that long analogy, I've decided I should be loose on the cruise because it is definitely a stress free vacation, that is, I hope excitement doesn't tighten my band. If I tighten, I'll try a massage and that should relax me huh?? I'll have to tell my hubby if I don't get a massage, I'll not be able to eat!! LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment