
That's right, I finally hit 40 pounds lost. Actually it's 41 pounds, but whose counting? Well, it's been an interesting week for me. From my last post, you know I was really tight and getting the reflux thing again and not feeling so good and thinking about getting an unfill. Well, I decided to go on liquids and mushes to kind of help keep my band from getting irritated and I didn't want to PB because I think that irritates and swells my band and makes things worse. Well, that has seemed to be doing the trick. I'm still very tight, but the acid reflux thing has subsided and if it does show itself, it's temporary. I'm able to sleep fine, not like before, and I'm keeping away from spicy and chocolaty things. Right now, I'm feeling fine an have no plans to go get an unfil. I hope it continues because I'm really seeing weight loss now and don't really want to go in for an unfill. So, I'm just going to baby my band until it loosens up a bit and as long as it stays as it is, its a keeper.
I'm the kind of person who wants to figure things out and figure out why this happens. I thought it was menstrual, but that's not it. So I was thinking about what I ate when it tightened up on me and I had eaten some Jalapeno Poppers for two days in a row just before I got tight. Could spicy things irritate my band and give me reflux? I mean, I know nonbanded people get reflux from eating certain types of things so why not banders? Hmmm, something to think about. Since then, I've stayed away from the spicy things.


Congrats on hitting 41 lbs! According to your ticker, that is only 21 lbs from goal!!
ReplyDeleteYeah. That was the goal I set when I had surgery. Once I get there, I might go for more if I feel I need to. We'll see.
ReplyDeleteoh yeah sister! You count that one extra pound! 40 plus ONE!
ReplyDelete