Well I'm back from Las Vegas and we had a great time. My band, however, didn't want to have fun at all. I don't know why, or what happened, but it tightened up on me again. It started getting tight the day after 4th of July. I keep trying to think of why it happened. I did have a lot to drink on the 4th, but ate fine. Can drinking or dehydration cause your band to tighten up???
Anyway, on our way to Vegas, I could tell it was really getting tight and I was having trouble eating and not eating much. We got there on Monday and had a great night dancing and hanging out, went and shared some nachos and I managed to eat 4 or 5 of them and some of the meat that went with them. By Tuesday morning, I was super tight and starting to feel that reflux feeling, so I started taking medicine and decided I'd eat slider foods and nothing spicy or chocolaty that day to try to give my band a little rest. So I did real good, but had a hard time sleeping that night because of the reflux. We left on Wed and I pretty much had coffee that morning and a little oatmeal and drank water the whole way home. That night, I made myself mashed potatoes and the reflux was much better yesterday and I actually slept fine.
I'm thinking if this gets any worse or continues, I'll need to go in and get another unfill. My doctor is going to think I'm crazy. Last time, I was sure it was because of my period, but not this time, I had my fill done during my period and I was off when it tightened, so I know it's not that. I just wish I could figure this out. I'm going to keep on the medicine and watch what I eat since acid reflux for nonbanders is caused by eating certain types of food (i.e. chocolate, spicy). I need to eat slower and not late at night and hopefully keep this at bay. I'll keep you update on whether I get it unfilled again or not.
Okay. So for the good news........I'm down to 183. I really haven't been eating much and was sure I was loosing and I stepped on my Wii this morning and I'm down to 183. Yeah!!!!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I've heard that airline travel can tighten your band (something about the altitude and pressure change). Maybe that is what is going on?
ReplyDeleteWe drove to Vegas, only 3 1/2 hours from where we live, but i'm feeling a little better, I wonder if long drives can tighten the band too??
ReplyDelete