Sorry I haven't been blogging lately. I've been pretty busy and sometimes I feel like I just type the same old thing.
Anyways, to catch up on what I've been busy doing. We went to Vegas again from Sun-Wed and took the kids this time. Spent a lot of time by the pool during the day. The pool had a wave pool and a lazy river and we all had a blast. Took the kids to a comedy, magician show, which they loved and ate out, which my kids also love. They loved seeing all the hotels and stuff.
Anyway, so as you know my hubby and I went to Vegas alone about a month ago and I got so tight and was uncomfortable and had the reflux thing. Well, it happened again!!! It really bums me out because I want to eat with everyone else, but I'm so tight, I end up taking a couple bites and I'm done and feeling terrible. I finally felt better the last night there and we went out for a steak & shrimp dinner. Salad was fine, but only ate a little to save room one bite of shrimp and that doesn't go down so good, a few small bites of steak and a few bites of potato and I'm done. I was happy though because I actually got to enjoy my dinner that night.
So on the ride home, I notice as we are driving up one of the very steep hills, i start getting pain and pressure in my stomach and it's very uncomfortable, like when your sleeping and your back kind of hurts and you can't get comfortable for the life of you. Then I feel like I want to burp and keep trying to make myself burp, then we hit the down slope and I feel some relief and am able to burp a bit. Then it happens again the next hill, so that got me to thinking. Does altitude cause my band to tighten? When we got home, I felt almost back to myself. Still tight, but not uncomfortable. The uncomfortableness is in my back and just below my ribs. Anyway I decided to look at the altitude in Vegas and it's about 2100 ft and where I live, it's about 800 ft. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? If this is true, I'm scared to go up to the mountains or fly in an airplane.
So today, I went to lunch with my mom to Olive Garden and had a bowl or soup and we shared a pasta dish, which I took a couple bites and took the rest home, but finished the soup. We sit for about an hour and talk after lunch and so I drink my water, then we go shopping. So about an hour or so after lunch, I start getting that uncomfortableness, not really pain, but extremely uncomfortable, like I want to undo my bra and sit down. I drank some warm water and it helped, and I feel the need to make myself burp. I kept drinking water and it ended up going away, but I'm not sure what it is. Does anyone else experience this? Could it be gas trapped in my stomach and not able to get out so it causes pressure?? I think this might be the cause of the reflux thing too when I have food in my stomach and laying down. Hmmmmmm....
Sorry if this blog seems like a lot of complaining, but I was telling my mom about these things today and she asked if any of my blog friends experience this and I said that I didn't think so, but have never asked, so I'm asking.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You know I have read a few posts on LBT about people having to unfill their band before they fly...but I kinda think that is bogus. But you should ask your doc about altitude and the band bc it would kinda make sense. If can cause pressure inside your ear, why not inside the band?
ReplyDelete