Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Wild Girls Night Out!!

So I have to post about this girls night out I had recently. I have always been a girl who likes to drink socially and you all know I like to do Happy Hour, well when I was larger, I could drink all night long and never go overboard. Well, things have changed and it's very hard to change my ways. About 4 of my good friends and I decided to get together and go to happy hour at a local place. We ordered food, so we weren't drinking on an empty stomach or anything and I had a Screwdriver and then tasted one of these great fruity Martini's that tasted like a Jolly Rancher. Well, needless to say, I don't really know exactly how many of those I had (maybe 3 over the course of 5 hours) and I was way over served. This happened to me one other time at a 4th of July party at my brother-in-laws and I literally had 1 glass of wine and two fancy Red, white and blue drinks and I was drunk.

I've come to realize that it's because of my weight loss (I know, duh!!) I'm not able to tolerate nearly as much alcohol as I used to be and I need to go real slow or it hits me quick. Anyone else figure this out??? Or am I just a lush??? It's sort of like getting used to eating less and slow, drinking needs to be less and slow as well and the band doesn't remind you that you need to slow down. I figure it out when it's too late.

Anyway, we did have a good time and we had my friends boyfriend come and drive us all home. Everyone of us went overboard by the way, so I wasn't the only one, but when I was 45 pounds heavier this wouldn't have happened.

1 comment:

  1. That totally makes sense about not being able to drink as much! I had that happen recently too. It doesnt take much for me to feel the effects these days. BTW, congrats on your weight loss! That is so exciting you are so close to your goal!!!

    ReplyDelete