Monday, August 3, 2009

Great Weekend, Great Food = Bad Scale

Okay, so I had a great weekend. We went camping, I drank a lot of wine over the course of the weekend. I ate a lot of chips, roasted marshmallows & great desserts. I over indulged this weekend and of course the scale shows. I'm up a pound.

So on the band front. My band is still really tight, but I seemed to eat a little more than normal over the weekend. Probably the fact that I was drinking and was very relaxed, it seemed like my band had a little more room. Plus the fact that I ate a lot of sweets. As soon as I got home, my band seemed to get really tight, Not the oh I hope I don't need an unfill tight, just a reminder that I need to take it easy. Funny how that works. On the way home from camping, we were hungry and we stopped and got an order of Fried Zucchini and french Fry's from a local restaurant. they are so good and huge, so we all split the two orders. I ate only about 5 or so and was feeling like they were hanging around in my throat so I stopped and then the rest of the evening, I was feeling extremely full, my head kept wanting to eat, but I could tell that I would get the reflux thing if I did, so I controlled myself. Today, I've just had my protein drink this morning and I think I'll have another for lunch. I'm still feeling real tight and don't want to overdo it.

I think I'm finally understanding this band thing. I can almost tell when I'm really tight, not sure why yet. I think it just has a mind of its own, but when I'm tight, if I take it easy and do some liquids, I don't get uncomfortable and get the reflux thing. I can almost feel my band now and eat according to how tight it is.

We are going to a friends house for a BBQ and swimming tonight, so I'll take it easy today so I can eat a little bit tonight.

I'm not loosing as much anymore and I know it's because of the food choices I'm making and my lack of regular exercise. I feel like I'm not eating a lot at all, it's just the choices and the amount of calories that I am eating are making up for the amount that I'm eating.

I need to get back to healthier choices and keep up with my kickboxing. I did two days last week and I'm going to do two days this week. Once school starts for the kids, I decided I'm going to try to get to the gym three additional days a week and commit to at least 1/2 hour of weights or cardio in addition to my two days of Kickboxing. I really want to get to 160 or less before my 1 year anniversary. After 1 year, I have to pay for my fills and unfills, so I need to get serious about the next 6 months and getting to a weight that will make me happy. After all, that is why I did this, I need to stop waisting time with poor food choices and get serious.

4 comments:

  1. I am feeling ya. I seem to be eating less here lately but am not making the best of choices. I hope we both have some success in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great that you blogged today!!! I am doing the same thing. I am eating less than I used to but higher calories, and more wine than normal. Once school starts it will all change though!!! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls. I'm glad I'm not the only one out here doing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have bad days but it sounds like you're back on track and ready to commit to some good changes!! Good luck and please do blog about your exercising... I need more motivation to get there on my own for more cardio.

    ReplyDelete