So, I went to the doctor yesterday. I called him in the morning and explained what I was going through and he thought I needed to come in for an unfill. So, I drove down to the O.C. (about a 1/2 hour drive or so) and told him my ailments and he took out everything and filled me again while drinking and we ended up with -1.0 cc.
I explained my discomfort and and pains and he thinks I need to have my Gal bladder looked at, so we are scheduling an ultrasound for that, but I honestly think I was just too tight 'cause all that pain and discomfort is gone instantly. He explained to me that the band can just tighten up like that and that the esophagus is very sensitive to emotional changes. How does anyone stay at a sweet spot if it's constantly changing? One my year of free fills is over, am I going to be spending a fortune trying to fill and unfill this band??? All the more reason to get to goal before my year is up. I also realize I need to figure out that my sweet spot is going to let me eat more on some days and be a little snug on others, I can't make it super snug or I'll run into problems.
So, I explained that I have an appointment set up with him on the 11th and maybe I need to cancel it and he thought I should keep it. He thinks that I will find this too loose in a few days and will want to come in for a slight fill. So, I'm keeping the appointment, but I am a bit fearful of a fill. However, I was thinking, my last fill was .5cc which was tight but bearable for about 2 months before it tightened up on me. He took out 1.0 cc yesterday, so if I find this too loose in a few days, I'll just have .5cc put in and I'll be where I was before I got this tight fill and maybe that will be my sweet spot and when it tightens up, it won't be too tight.
Anyways, I drank protein drinks after my unfill with no problems, nausea is gone, pain and discomfort is gone, i can burp without a problem and no acid or non-acid reflux. Yeah!!! I was worried my band had slipped, but not worried anymore.
I'll let you know how eating goes today when I start mushes.
Thanks for all your thoughts.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That is awesome that you got relief and I am glad you didnt wait. I think of you everytime I am having problems with my tightness lately! If the acid reflux starts up I will go right in. Promise.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I have heard that the esophagus can respond to emotional changes but I want to know WHY that is!
Amy - I don't understand the emotional changes either. I didn't even know I was being emotional. I mentioned my two Vegas trips to the Dr. and how miserable I was for both of those and he said it's my emotions!!! WTF!! Excitement, Anger, Depression, PMS.....and you can't control your emotions.
ReplyDelete