Well yesterday was my one year baniversay!! Yeah!!! And my band is still with me which I am so thankful!!
As I reflect on the past year I feel it was the best decision I have made and really wish I would have done it sooner!! I have had some ups and downs as you all know with my band, but I would do it all over again if I had to make that choice. The only thing I would have done differently is to not be so greedy on fills and maybe I wouldn't have slipped had I not got too tight.
I am so grateful that I accomplished the goal I set out for when I started this journey and I'm very happy with myself and the way my body looks now. It's not perfect, but I don't need to be perfect. I've had two kids and my body will never be as it was when I was a young girl, but I'm so thrilled with it even with all the imperfections. I would love to eventually get a brest lift and tummy tuck, but not in too big a hurry for that. If it happens, it happens.
As for my current situation, I've started eating more solid foods without a problem. Restriction is minimal, but it's enough for now. If I can maintain, i'm going to leave it as is. I've lost the 4 or 5 pounds I gained after the holidays and am back at goal and happy. I have no signs of a slipped band anymore, no acid reflux and such. I complained of pain in my stomach and intestines, so I started doing a lot of fiber and it has gotten much better. I think the introduction of more solid foods and getting in enough fiber has helped tremendously. We'll see how it goes, i'm going to keep focusing on this. I've stopped with the smooth move tea and my plumming (if you know what i mean) is getting back to normal again. I think protein shakes probably are bad for constipation especially since there is literally no fiber at all and that is all i was doing for many weeks, so I can understand why I was having some trouble in this area.
I'm going to focus on eating good and living life and keeping my current weight.
Have a great week everyone.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


happy bandversary!! congrats on hitting your goal.
ReplyDeleteYes! Congratulations on being at your goal! And your bandiversary!! Hopefully, I will be at least 1/2 way to my goal in one year!
ReplyDeleteHappy Bandiversary! Congrats!
ReplyDelete