Saturday, January 30, 2010

Random Thoughts...

Hi there, all is well on my end. Still struggeling with controlling my appetite, but exercising and maintaining as best I can. Okay. So here are a few random things of no importance at all:

Why do some of the blog have funny characters? And i'm not talking about when someone is saying a curse word and putting funny characters for part of the word. I get it in the titles and the body. I think the word and is a common one. Does anyone else see this or is it just me??

What does DH mean?? I'm not that text savvay or blog savvy and I've figured out just about every other one but DH??? I think it means husband, but what does it stand for??

I saw a very overweight man struggle to get out of his car yesterday and I felt so bad for him, could almost cry. I remember what it's like to be large and it's so hard to just move. I remember how badly I felt about myself and my internal dialogue was not very nice. I remember looking for clothes and just buying anything that fit and didn't make me look any bigger than i already was. It's so hard to be overweight in our society and people are so judgemental. I think this weightloss journey has made me even more sympathetic to people who struggle with their weight just as I do and probably will for the rest of my life. Even though I'm at a weight that makes me happy, it's a constant reminder everyday and every meal as to making the right choices especially since my band is not helping right now. It does have a slight fill, so it must be doing a little something. It's kind of like bandster hell all over again.

Did you watch Oprah the other day about our food today and how most of our foods are processed and even our meat is bad for us and full of antibiotics? Really made me think. I think I need to look more closely at the food I buy and what's in it. I can't remember the name of the movie or book, but I should pick up a copy and read more about this.

Even though i'm struggeling with my eating, I love being and feeling like a normal person. The other night I went to bed and layed on my stomach as i usually do and realized I haven't used a pillow to prop up one side of my body because it lessens the discomfort of my band and helps with the acid reflux. I've been sleeping like the old days since my unfill over a month ago and able to eat anything I want and it feels so good. It gives me an idea of where I want my fill to be when that time comes. Able to eat anything, just less of it. Isn't that what the band is supposed to do?? I think I was a little greedy the first time around, I wanted that quick weight loss.

Sorry for all the babble.....Have I told you?? I love my band!!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see your sleeping like your old self. DH stands for Dear Husband. I'm on BabyCenter.com and all the ladies use it on there...so its probably come over to other areas. There's also DD - Dear Daughter, DS - Dear Son, etc. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food, Inc. was the movie Oprah talked about! It made me want Chipotle and we went out and had it last night for dinner :D YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did see that Oprah show, and posted on this very subject. I bought a book called the perfect 10 and it talks all about how our food is screwing up our hormones and making us unhealthy and fat. I'm fascinated on this very subject right now. Happy to hear you are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete