Friday, January 15, 2010

Poop!!!

As you can tell from the title of this post, I'm going to be talking about one of us banders favorite subject poop!!!

I've been complaining about problems with pain and discomfort in my abdomen area and I mentioned it to my Band Dr. He kind of smiled as I listed all my complaints as if i am a Hypochondriac. I just want him to know so he can help me. I mentioned the Gallbladder and Constipation. It's so hard to know what normal BM's are when I've been drinking a ton of protein shakes and not much food. You know what I mean?? My problems started right after my band was loosened and I was drinking liquids and then moved into a few mushies.

Also, I must admit, before the slip, I would depend on drinking smooth move tea a couple times a week to help with BM's. I might have caused some problems with dependency on a type of laxative?? IDK if tea counts as a laxative???

Anyway, since my last appt. I've been putting flax seed in two of my shakes a day and taking a stool softener (Dr said try stool softener) every day and, of course, getting in my 64 oz. of water every day. I decided I'd rule out the poop thing and if I still have problems then move on to the Gallbladder. Sounds like a good plan huh?

Well, I've been working on this for oh, about 3 days now and not drinking that tea, and last night, I was much better and hope it continues to get better!!!

Sorry if that was TMI as for the scale, it's going back down as it should, I'm starving here, living on protein drinks and soup broths yuck!!! But just so glad my good old band is back!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to say that I found your blog through another one I follow. I hope that you don't mind my following you.

    I noticed that you are from the Inland Empire. I was born & raised there too. I was born in Loma Linda & raised in Highland & San Bernardino, etc, etc, etc. Until I moved up to the Northern Ca area near Sacramento.

    Anyhoo, I just wanted to say hi!

    Debi: hawaiiboundbandster

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you mentioned this blog, I'm kind of embarrassed to even talk about it. But since getting my blog, I'm now not regular at all. I knew it could happen but I have no idea how to get it moving, if that makes sense. I haven't had no pain or anything, I don't know what constipation really feels like. I just know that not going in 3 or so days is not good. LOL. So is the solution...stool softners.

    ReplyDelete