Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My band went back in place....Thank God!!

I went to the Dr. yesterday and my band went back into the correct position. Yeah!! I was so scared going in for this appointment and so relieved when I walked out of there.

After looking at the placement he said that it would be okay to get a small fill. He wanted to make me tight and back off a cc. I told him I was scared to take too much fill and asked how much he took out last visit when he completly deflated my band and he said 7.5 cc. When I went back and calculated my fills and defills I thought I was at 5.5. I can never get it straight. It's never quite what I think it is. As he was filling me I kept asking how much is that? How much is that? He laughed and said don't worry about the number, worry about the feeling. I'm sorry, the number is pretty important right?? If 7.5 cc was a slip, I would think considerable less than that, I can always get more right??

We wound up puttin gin 3.5 cc. I felt good about that, but still a little warry of whats to come. What if I slip again?? What if, what if?? Did I mention I'm a worry wart? Anyway, I said if I feel any acid reflux I'm coming in for another unfill.

He said I need to stay this way for a month or two. I'm hoping I don't need to go back at all. I've changed the way I feel about my band (for today that is, lets see if I'm saying the same thing a month from now right?) I am happy with my weight at 160 (I went back to 160 by the way) I just want my band to help me maintain now. If I loose more, even better, but I don't want complete restriction. I want to be able to eat things I want to just less.

Doctor didn't say anything about my diet, but I'm going to do what a lot of people seem to do and stay on liquids for a couple weeks, move on to mushies when I feel ready and take it really, really, really slow.

So here is my next hurdle. My band is good and has a small fill, but I still have this uncomforableness, gas, constipation (sorry tmi), bloating and slight pains. Doctor said it may be constipation, and possible Gallbladder. If it doesn't get better, I will need to go to my regular doctor who wasn't happy I was getting the Lap Band in the first place, and have all this stuff looked into. I'm going to try to get the constipation under control and see if it helps and if not, I'm going to need to go get some tests done.

I'm so thrilled that my band went back. Thanks to everyone who helped me through this tough time and I hope it's done forever.

9 comments:

  1. Ugh, that makes me so happy for you! I can only imagine the relief you felt when you walked out of there!!! So glad everything was good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way as you, I've enjoyed eating and drinking so much that I don't ever want to go back to as tight as I was. I have finally gotten myself back under control, and started eating better and exercising everyday, I feel great. I wasnt able to exercise for so long because I was always so weak, due to not getting enough calories in. I'm gonna keep getting fills but I will not be greedy this time. I don't want to have trouble eating or drinking at all. We are so lucky!!! Especially you, your at goal now. I'm so happy for you, I still have about 28lbs to my goal (150lbs). Good luck and please keep blogging, it helps me so much. I wouldnt have gotten my band checked out had it not been for you. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Happy that its in its place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you - that your band went back in place and that you were able to get a fill! I had not given much thought to the possibility of having issues later along the way - and especially when at my goal weight. I cant imagine how worrysome that must be to think you have come all this way and then have issues at the end. Again, I am so glad it has settled down for you and I hope it stays that way!! PS - Have you tried Clear & Natural? Its a fiber substitute you can add to liquids. It has no flavor and disolves completely. I have it in my coffee every morning. Maybe that would help with the constipation? Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read studies that people that do not know the "exact" number of cc's in their band and don't focus on the numbers have better outcomes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! That is SO wonderful! We have all been worried about you and I know you must be so relieved! This is for sure good news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I AM SO RELIEVED AND HAPPY FOR YOU!

    What amazing news!

    I'm with uppercase addict - I didn't know for a long time, and I didn't mind or feel like I had to compare myself with anyone's rate.

    Congrats girly! xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much everyone. I'm thrilled!

    Probably so true Uppercase, I just don't ever want to be as tight as I was, so I just like to keep that number in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUCH wonderful news!! SOOOOOO happy for you!!! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete