Saturday, July 4, 2009

Good Restriction

Well after a few days of trying out my new fill, I think this is good restriction for me. Dare I say, sweet spot? I'm not sure about it being my sweet spot, but it feels good so far. I've been feeling full after a small amount and staying full for quite a while. All is good. Now, if only i can stop eating late at night, I just might loose some more weight. It's that TOM for me, so my weight is kind of staying the same, it seems. I'm hoping to have a little drop on Monday when Aunt Flo is gone.

I got this kids cookbook for my kids and told them to look through it and pick out some recipes that they would like to try. So, last night was the first night that they wanted to cook dinner for me and hubby all by themselves from this cookbook. I just sat at the bar and watched and gave direction if they needed it and they did the rest themselves. Dessert too. We had a pizza quesadilla (cheese, peperoni, sausage) with some fresh fruit in yogurt. They served us and all. It was so cute and they loved doing it. I was only able to eat 1/2 of a small quesidalla and a couple pieces of fruit and I was stuffed. Tortillas seem to fill me up quick, which I think is good. For desert, I had to help a little more. We did ice cream. It was great, they mixed the ingredients in a bowl, we poured that into two quart size Ziploc bags (double bagged) and then put those into a Gallon size ziploc bag and filled it with ice and sprinkled rock salt on top. Then into a pillow case so they could handle the cold bag and shake for 15 min. Then we put in the freezer until we were ready to eat. It worked and they loved it. We sprinkled it with crushed Score bar. Yum. We will need to work on the recipe because it needed a little more sugar and it only called for milk, where as whipping cream or 1/2 and 1/2 would taste so much richer, but on a great note, it was band friendly since it didn't have a lot of sugar or fat. Pretty much just frozen milk. It made me think how I could use Splenda and really make this good for me.

Any who. We are heading off to brother-in-law's house today for a block party and pool party for the 4th of July. I'm sure it will be fun. We are going to stay the night, so we don't have to drive late at night and we can have some wine and drinks. Then, tomorrow I'm getting my hair done, colored and trimmed and then it's off to Vegas on Monday. I must remember to weigh myself on Monday before I leave.

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July and be safe!!

1 comment:

  1. how wonderful to hear you doing so well! what a fun time too, having the kids make dinner. flour tortillas fill me up like crazy, i've been doing corn lately when I can find good ones (hard to do in eastern canada) because i find them less easy to get stuck on.

    have a great time getting gorgeous and on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete