Last night I went to a birthday dinner party and they had great authentic Mexican food. I was a little nervous about eating because I'm super tight and no one at the party knows about my band. So I served myself some beans, rice, salad and a bit of pork. I ate the rice beans and salad, but the pork seemed to tough to go down smooth. Everything was fine and I had a lot of water about an hour after, so I know everything passed through my pouch, but I got bad reflux again last night and tons of acid again this morning.
I decided that I should at least call and make an appointment to see the Dr. as sometimes it takes a while to get in to see him. Good thing I did, I can't get in until Sept 11th. So, I decided I am loosing weight consistently right now and the acid reflux comes and goes depending on what and how late I eat. It's only when I sleep and nothing too serious and I've had it before when it was constantly throughout the day the last couple times I was too tight. Anyway, I'm going to continue as I am and hopefully I'll loosen up some and be able to cancel my appt. Otherwise, if its still the same, I think I might get some taken out.
So, wish me well that I drop a ton more weight and then my band just loosens on its own.
Let me tell you some NSV:
I have these formal dresses in my closet from weddings that I have been in (2 to be exact) and I tried them on before surgery and both couldn't zip all the way up and what did zip was really tight. Both dresses were from after my first child when I was larger but got even bigger. Well, yesterday I decided to try them on and they both were too big. They look terrible now. I can pull like 2 inches away from my body when the zipper is all the way up. I couldn't believe it. I guess this means that my weight is somewhere around pre pregnancy right now. OMG!!!
I gave away a lot of my clothes I was holding onto from teenage years. I guess I thought, I'll never be there again why keep them. It always depressed me anyway, but I did save a pretty negligee from my wedding night and my Boustie (spelling???) from my wedding dress. I tried on the negligee and it fits, a little tight and my body hangs in different spots than it did back then, so I don't think it will ever fit the same, but it fits and the Boustie I can clasp some of the clasps but not all. That is my next NSV to fit completely in that again.
I love my band even when its hugging me tight!!! :) Have a great day!!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yippee!!! Great NSVs!
ReplyDeleteHey your blog is just great! very honest! I Love reading your updates. It truely inspires my journey! Thank-you!
ReplyDeletePlease visit my blog - I'd love to make some good friends out of this cause we do all have to stick together!
27 days till my op!! EEEK!!!
Will be reading up on all your posts for the great advice!
Thanks again
Allie <3