Monday, September 21, 2009

NSV

I didn't want to weigh in this morning because I'm feeling bloated and my monthly friend just arrived this morning and I don't want an increase on the scale to screw up my attitude and how good I'm feeling lately, so I thought today I would post about a few NSV that have happened lately, but first a funny story.

So, my whole family has weight issues and is overweight. I've said before that both my dad and brother had gastric bypass and my mom has a weight problem, but is very happy with who she is and I love her just like she is. She has always been very supportive of me and was happy I was getting the band and thinks it to be an even better choice than Gastric Bypass since it is less risky, adjustable and reversible. Well, she keeps noticing my weight loss and the other day she is like, I think you are getting too thin. How do you stop it when enough is enough?? I just have to laugh!!! Isn't that like a mom to say something like that? I'm 170 pounds and by no means am I too thin!! Even if I loose another 20 pounds, I would be no where near too thin. And I laughed at her and said what would Granny (my grandmother) say if she was here with us? She would say "How much are you going to loose? Are you going to be like one of those movie stars that are skin and bones?" I just laugh. She is just not used to me being on the thinner side, but I count this as a non-scale victory none the less.

Also, for all those Wii Fit banders. You know when you step on to do a body test and then you get you Mii showing you really skinny and it slides up to overweight, then obese, then morbidly obese and you Mii gets fatter and fatter as it slides up? Well, when i first started this journey, my Mii would stop in the beginning of the morbidly obese category. I have now passed up the obese and it stops in the middle of the overweight category. I love that and will be so happy the day it stops in just the normal category, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that. I don't feel you have to fall in the normal category to be a healthy, normal looking person, but it would be nice to get there some day.

I feel great finally!! I'm not sick or get the acid reflux anymore. I get full fast and my fullness lasts a long time. I can eat just about anything I want and my band, on most days, tells me when to stop. My weight loss is not as rapid, but that is fine with me. I have about 10 more pounds to go to get to my goal, then I'll reevaluate, but if it takes me 3 more months to get there. Then that is what it will take. I'm very happy with where i am today and my progress so far.

I got to go now, but if i think of any more NSV i will post again.

2 comments:

  1. I know I say this all the time, but it is nice to read your posts and feel how positive and happy you are right now with your band. You held on through all the rough shit (and there was lots of it), and have now come out positive, healthier, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such an uplifiting and positive post !!. I was LMAO when you mentioned the mii morphing..mine does the same plumping and it used to be very frustrating but I know that I'll beat her in the end !!

    ReplyDelete