Well since starting some solids, I've discovered that I do in fact have no restriction at all with the small fill i have. I can eat everything I've tried with no problems and seem to be able to eat a lot. I've been trying to stop myself, but after not being able to eat for over a month, i'm afraid i've gone a little bit overboard and now I really need to get back on the wagon and control myself and get back into exercise. I was doing so well with exercise and then when my bloating gassy thing started, it was a bit painful to do most exercise, so I stopped.
Oh, an you know that bloating gassy thing that I was thinking might be my gallbladder or something major? Well the fiber helped, it took like a week before I became regular and since then, I've been very regular and am able to pass my gas easily (hubby says a little too easily) and I'm not all uncomfortable anymore. I think it has helped that i've started eating a little more normally to. I was looking at what my fiber intake must have been when I was relying solely on protein drinks and not adding the fiber and it was a 0. Even on my preop diet I would have a very lo cal meal at dinner which gave me some fiber. The last month or so, I've had "0" fiber and that is about when my problems arrised. Also, I did two of those Barrium Swallow x-rays and when I did the second one, they reminded me to drink a lot of fluid or it will harden in my intestines. I didn't know this the first time around and wasn't concentrating on how much water I was drinking (probably not enough). Anywhoo, I am going to continue with my current routine of adding fiber to my diet. I do two scoops of Ground Flax Seed in my morning coffee protein drink (4 gms), then during the day I add a packet of the south beach drink stuff (5 gms) and then I take two Benefiber tablets (4 gms) and i've been making sure I drink at least 64 oz. of water every day. I haven't had those pains in about a week. Yeah!!! I feel like a normal person for the first time in like months. Double Yeah!!!
I am afraid to step on the scale the way I've been eating, but I'm going to work real hard to maintain the way I am right now. Again, I'm so thankful to still have my band!!! Triple Yeah!!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Blah, to having no restriction at all. Keep on keepin' on, you can do this!!
ReplyDeleteCan you get more fills or are they self-pay from here on?
With no restriction, I'm back to my old diet ways. I do real good for a while then I go wild and eat everything in sight. Today was a bad day mexican food w/hubby for lunch, pizza for dinner and a whole bunch of cookies. I'm gonna get back on track tomorrow. My fill is scheduled for Monday, but it's going to be a sm. fill.
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies!!! From here on out it's $205 a pop and i'm not supposed to get a fill for at least a couple months. I've just been going wild because I can and haven't been able to for so long. I need to be good again and am starting today!!
ReplyDelete