Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Well this year has been a really wonderful year for me and a life changing year. Got the lap band which helped get me to my goal weight of 160. I feel so much better about myself and so much more confidant. I actually like the way I look when I look in the mirror and I haven't been able to say that since I was like 16 years old.

As far as my band goes for now, nothing much new other than I feel a lot of gas build up right now. Does anyone experience this??? especially at night I feel like the upper and lower part of my stomach is bloated and filling with air and it just doesn't come out easily (sorry if TMI). Once I lay down and relax some gas might come out and I feel relief until it builds again. Sometimes my stomach feels sore I think from all the pressure. Doesn't seem like it should be this way, which makes me worry that my band might still be slipped. I am a bit tight right now too, no acid reflux, but I feel tight. I'm about to have my monthly friend stop by for a visit, but also remember I have no fill in my band, so shouldn't be like this. IDK...just hoping I don't have any emergencies over this Holiday Weekend.

Having an emergency is a big fear of mine.....what would I do??? I asked the Dr. what would constitute an emergency and he said extreme pain and more importantly not being able to drink liquids. I guess I would have to go into the hospital and have an IV until my Dr. could get there.....and probably not covered by my insurance. Scary, but not the situation right now, so here's to hoping everything goes okay until the 12th when I find out where my band has settled....

Anyway, I hope this New Year brings control to my life. Whether I have my band or loose it, I hope I can control myself and keep the weight I am at. I hope to increase my exercise and I look forward to feeling good and being healthy. Winning the Lottery would be nice too, however, just being healthy and keeping my weight as it is would be what I hope to accomplish this year.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you! I am glad that your band seems to be holding and nothing is getting worse. I hope this new year brings you nothing but good things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful about you getting to goal!! I'm sorry to hear about the complications though, and hope that it all works out nicely and with minimal expense. Happy New Year!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on meeting your goal this year. I truly hope come your next appointment that your band has settled back in its place and it works how you need it too. I hope there are no more complications for you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto ! Congrats on reaching goal that is such an enormous accomplishment !! And best of luck with the lottery thing..that would be nice as well (LOL!!). Hope everything works out with your band issues as smoothly as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 3.5cc's in my band and feel no restriction. I have actually put on about 5 lbs so far after my unfill!! I also find out how my band is doing on the 12th. Good Luck to you and I hope you don't have any emergencies, I hope everything is settled back and you get great news on the 12th!!!

    ReplyDelete