Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Me Again!!!

Hi everyone. I know it seems I always have something wrong with me. I'm really not a hypochondriac, really.

So, I've been eating mushie foods here and there, but taking it real easy. I managed to gain a couple pounds, which I'm not too happy about. Everything seems to pass through my band fine and I can drink water a fluids really good. I can chug about 1/2 bottle of water at one time. I still haven't experienced Acid Reflux since my unfill. I keep thinking that is so good and something positive to thinking things might be okay.

But here is where I have a problem. I have like an ache in my stomach, right above my belly button that is pretty constant (level 2 on a scale from 1 to 10). I've had this for a really long time and always thought it was being too tight. After I eat, particularly in the evening, my upper stomach gets terrible uncomfortable gas pains and then can go into my lower stomach. I think the soreness in my stomach is from these gas pains. It's really strong under my rib cage and once I pass gas (which isn't easy to do)it subsides. At times I feel like my upper and sometimes lower stomach are a balloon blowing up and it is going to pop. It's a lot of pressure and then soreness from the pressure. Gasex doesn't help, nothing helps. My bra gets uncomfortable and sometimes a warm bath will sooth it. Well, I remember my doctor once saying that it could be my gallbladder, I dismissed it and never got it checked out (my bad) as it doesn't run in my family and I really don't know that much about it.

Well, I decided to do a little research last night and come to find out, my symptoms seem to be the same symptoms as Gallbladder attacks and also, come to find out, gallbladder issues can be caused from rapid weight loss and a lot of bandsters have to have their gallbladders removed. I never knew this and am beginning to think this uncomfortableness I'm feeling are gallbladder attacks.

Does everyone still have their gallbladders??? Has anyone heard of having gallbladder issues due to rapid weight loss??? Does anyone else ever get these attacks??? If you've had gallbladder problems can you tell me how it felt???

I have my appt on the 12th and will talk to the doctor more about this then.

5 comments:

  1. I had my gallbladder out a few years ago. My attacks were very similar to how they describing the dumping syndrome a gastric bypass person gets. I did have pain in my shoulder (from the gallbadder hitting my diaphram or something), but I didn't have any other pain. I have heard about gallbladder problems from rapid weight loss, but what I heard was in bypass people since they lose it so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I can't relate to the gallbladder issues, but I've been noticing in the middle of my chest to the left when I lie down I feel a little pressure, it's not painful but like something is pushing on my insides to the left. It hasnt been bad enough to complain to my dr. about!! I know what you mean about having a lot of problems. I read over a few of my last post and felt like DEBBIE DOWNER!!! I'm emberassed but I just want to be honest about what is going on. I hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend/co-worker that had Gastric Bypass in 2003. She just had to have her gall bladder taken out in early December of 2009 after having issues for the past 3 months or so. Good luck with everything, it seems like one thing after another for you. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had issues thank goodness, but I was prescribed medicine for 6 months after surgery to help prevent gallstones...precisely bc of the issues related with rapid weight loss. Granted I never actaully TOOK the medicine (bc I was supposed to break it up and put it on my food and I tried that once and it was HORRIBLE)...and so far so good...

    One of my close friends had her gallbladder removed not too long ago. She was having lots of poopy issues (like going too much) whenever she ate greasy or less than good for you food and lots of stomach pain.

    And yes, something is always wrong with you...lol...but it makes for good blogging (see there is always a bright side) and good education for your blog readers.

    keep us posted!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had my gallbladder out a year after my youngest son was born. Apparently pregnancy and weightloss can aggrivate the gallbladder. I had extremely bad pain before I figured out what it was. Actually ended up in the emergency room because of the pain. It would seem to come out of no where and start as a small dull pain but then would escalate into what felt like someone was stabbing me. Surgery was not a big deal and I was happy to be rid of the pain. Hope things work out for you, soon!

    ReplyDelete