Here is a great NSV that occured the other day.
We went to a Halloween store to look for costumes for the kids and I think hubby and I are going to an adult party this year. Anyone ever have trouble finding a halloween costume??? I could never even think of fitting in a regular size and then when I would try the plus sizes, they never fit right either. I think that the people who make Halloween costumes have no clue of the real sizes of American Adults, they all run super small. Right???
Well, we are tying to be a matching couple, so hubby say what about me a Dr. and you a nurse. Well, there were two nurses costumes, slutty nurse and nurse that was like a Dr. Jacket made into a dress type thing. Anyway, hubby would have loved for me to be slutty nurse, but I draw the line. I did try it on and low and behold it zipped up!!! A regular large (not plus) fit me, very tight, but I think it was supposed to be. It zipped up. I would never, however, wear it anywhere. Way too slutty. The other costume fit fine, even a little big, but just ugly. A cheap overpriced costume, so the search continues. Also, we are not going to purchase anything until we know for sure we are going.
But the point of this long post is that fitting into packaged halloween costumes is definately a big NSV!!! Yeah!!!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What ?! That is HUGE !!! I always envied those that could just walk in and be anything they wanted to. I always ended up being a baby or a corpse or something that I could do homemade so WAY TO GO !!!
ReplyDeleteJust a suggestion. . but why not buy it to wear for the hubby at home as a surprise?! :) :) Tee hee hee! (But I'm totally serious!) :)
ReplyDeleteHow great about the costume -- I was looking forward to that this year, but have a scheduling conflict b/c a friend is visiting from London with her new baby. Wah! But, am excited to see her anyway!
Catherine
Thanks Girls and Catherine...that's a great idea. He would love that!!!
ReplyDeleteThe costume thing is a big NSV for us banders.