Saturday, October 31, 2009

H1N1 Vaccine!!

Oh, forgot to mention and this has nothing to do with weight loss or banding, but I am such a paranoid person and I have my two little boys and we are going to Mexico for that cruise. Would you know I have been so stressed about the kids getting The Swine Flu. Then, I was trying to research the vaccine and you get so much conflicting information it's hard to make a choice as to do it or not. Anyway, we get the seasonal flu shot every year and I saw a show about the vaccine and decided we will do it. Anyway, no one has the shot, but I found a clinic in my neighborhood that had the vaccine in (the shot form, not the nasal form) and me and kids ran over after school on Wednesday. The clinic was going on from 1 -4 and we got there at 3:00 and had to wait 2 1/2 hours, but we all got the shot, even hubby!!! They only had 200 doses and we were like number 180 or something!! I feel so blessed and relieved!!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you, I'm totally paranoid too. No one around here has it so when the county opened flu clinics today I sent my husband to wait in line an hour before the clinic opened. He was number 500 in line and was there for almost 4 hours! People started lining up at 3 AM. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. Luckily they had 2000 doses so my kids and I got it. My husband didn't fall in the groups that could get one, but I was greatful he was our place holder in line!

    ReplyDelete