Okay, so just after I say that I think I've turned the corner and don't feel so consumed with food anymore, I have a day where I just went overboard.
It's weird because, as you all know, I'm not really super tight, buy yesterday for lunch, I made the kids some Chicken nuggets (all white meat) and I thought I'd have some for lunch because they seem to be really filling for me. They make me full and it stays a long time. It's funny because not all chicken nuggets do this for me, but I bought these Disney ones from Costco (Shaped like Mickey of all things) and they really fill me up. Weird. Anyway (sorry for the tangent) I was eating them with a little Ketchup and after about 3, I got that stuck feeling and ended up in the bathroom, I felt like making myself throw up, but I do feel that might be what got me into trouble when I got too tight, so I decided to take those Papaya Enzyme Pills and just wait it out. I stopped feeling like throwing up, but my fullness lasted like 4 hours. Anyway, later that day, I had a slice of English muffin with a slice of lean ham and mustard and could barley finish, I was stuffed (should have stopped before finishing because i went past the point of fullness). So I was excited that my band seemed tighter and then we went to the drive-in and it was all down hill from there. I ate two slices of pizza (usually only eat one) and had two Reese's Peanut butter cups and some popcorn. Needless to say, I didn't weigh myself this morning for fear of what I had done last night. But, I'm not sad or anything (mostly because I didn't step on the scale). I'm going to try to be good today. We have a family birthday party to go to, a pool party, so it will be hard, but I'm going to try. I really don't want to get stuck in front of all of my hubby's family who don't know.
I'm not 100 percent sure if those Papaya Enzyme pills work, but they seem to. I'm not one who PB's a lot, especially when I'm not so tight, but it does seem to make that stuck feeling feel much better. I keep them in my purse.
Someone asked me about my blog where I said I feel I've turned the corner and not so consumed with food. Well, that was true on that day and the week I was camping, but yesterday, it wasn't so true. Yesterday, while watching the movie, I felt like my old self and eating because it sounded good. I guess, it just shows that this weight loss journey is not easy and it changes day by day and old habits do creep back into our lives, but I guess you can't beat yourself up when you fall off the wagon. Just pick yourself up, don't look back and keep moving forward. Wow, did i just say that??? I'm going to have to remember this blog when I'm throwing my next pity party.
As far as food goes, I just feel like I eat so much slower and chew better and just am not thinking about it all the time anymore, just some of the time. I do think of my band constantly. I'm constantly reminded that it is there and I think that helps us all with our food choices. I mean we went through a lot and some of us paid a lot for this great little tool and knowing that it's there constantly helps us remember what we are supposed to be doing.
Anyway. This was a very long blog. Two more days until weigh in. Oh my!!
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment