Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My New Favorite Fast Food!!!

I don't know if Pick up Stix is all over the country, but here in So Cal, it's a chain that is everywhere and I have always loved it, but now I love it even more. When you order a meal (which my hubby and two kids do) you can add on a bowl of Wonton Soup for like $1, so we go and I eat the soup (can only get down about 1/2) and take a bite of hubby's Honey Chicken and I'm stuffed and don't feel like I'm waisting food or eating tons of calories. The soup had shrimp, chicken, wontons, carrots, broccoli and water chestnuts in it. I take the wonton's out because I don't love them and eat all the protein and some veggies. We've gone twice in the last couple of weeks and I always feel like I ate very healthy and didn't feel deprived.

We like to go out to eat every so often and with the band, I really have to pick and choose where we eat especially when it comes to fast food restaurants, so I love to share my finds with other bandsters who like to eat out. I don't know if I mentioned that I love In-N-Out and they will make a protein burger for you. It's everything the regular burger has minus the bun and they wrap it in lettuce for you. All you have to do is say I'd like a Cheeseburger Protein Style and they know what that means and honestly, it's just as good.

1 comment:

  1. We went to a Red Robin burger place the other day and I got the protein burger and it was COLD! He said the lettuce cools the burger faster but I still insisted he take it back and at least melt my stupid cheese!!! Just seemed ridiculous to me.

    We don't have either of the places you mentioned but thanks for the tips in case I encounter one of them!! :)

    ReplyDelete