So I had my appointment yesterday at the Dr. and told him my desire to have about .5cc taken out and that I was in about 6 weeks ago and had 1cc taken out and was fine for about a month and then that darn band tightened. By the way, my band had just started loosening up just a bit a day or two before my appointment, but it was still too tight and needed some taken out (I didn't tell him that). So, he took out .5cc and then I started to drink the water and it felt fine, but then again water doesn't give me a problem. I can feel the water kind of collect and then go down, like it's going into a funnel. Do you know what I mean?
Well, I explained this to the Dr. and told him that I thought this would be good and he explained that he thinks that water shouldn't collect, it should go right down and he convinced me to take another .5cc out for a full 1cc out of the band. If I wasn't going on a cruise, I don't think I would have done it, but in this situation, I decided to do it. So, we took out another 1cc. I don't even know how much is in there now!!
I was very nervous thinking I'd eat everything in site. I was definitely feeling more hungry last night and today. I drank my usual shake this morning, then at about 12:30 I was starving and had a bean and cheese burrito from El Pollo Loco and got full before I finished. Then for dinner tonight we went out to eat at Marie Calendars (didn't feel much like cooking all day evidently). I ordered 1/2 sandwich, cup soup and some fries. I ate about 1/2 of the 1/2 of sandwich, about 5 spoon fulls of soup and about 5 fries and was so stuffed, I couldn't eat another bite. Oh, I did start with a small slice of Corn Bread. So, all in all, I think I did well and my band is defiantly working!! But here's the best part, no pain, no uncomfortableness, no reflux, just fullness. This is the way it is supposed to be. I will cross my fingers I stay just like this and the cruise will be fine and I might not gain much weight either.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


It sounds like you communicated really well to your doctor-- that's important.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a terrific time on your cruise.
Here's a little trick: exercise ALOT to make up for any food lapses, and make little deals with yourself-- ok I have have half a brownie IF I work out for an extra 30 minutes (etc.)
Good luck and enjoy!!
the band sounds very helpful. It is definitely hard to know when I am full, but, for me, harder still to CHOOSE to stop eating even when I know when I'm full.... know what i mean?
ReplyDeleteME
the exact same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. went in hoping to get .5 taken out and the Dr. recommended 1 cc. SCARY!!
ReplyDeletei think it will pay off for you having a cruise coming up! i would rather know i could eat (without getting stuck) and enjoy myself and work hard getting any pounds i gain off rather than being on a cruise and getting stuck, having reflux, and stressing about every meal when you should be enjoying your self!!