Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm Back From A Great Week At The Beach

We had such a great time camping. We were right on the ocean, the first picture is a picture of our campsite from the door of our trailer. You can see the ocean in the background. This was an overcast morning. The weather was beautiful the entire week except for the last day and as we were packing up, it rained a bit.



This is a picture standing just in front of the chairs looking out at the ocean. This was a much nicer day and you can see some sailboats out in the distance.


We found this other great spot to look at tide pools. It was about a 1 mile bike ride down from where we were camping and it was a beautiful spot with rocks and ocean life and beautiful shells to collect and sea creatures to explore. I think we rode down there every day to play.

Now on the weight loss front. I love the peace a serenity of the beach and I made a conscious effort to pay attention to my band and listen to when I'm full. Before the band, part of camping was all the great food I would make and eating non stop. Well, I still made great breakfasts and would take a few bites and feel that full feeling and stop. We would snack a little at the beach and I tried to bring some fruit and granola bars for me, but I did have a few hand fulls of chips. We went out to eat one night and I had two slices of pizza. I was modest at dinner and felt very good about the way I was eating. I do feel restriction, so it was actually easy to tell when I needed to stop. I weighed myself this morning and it looks like actually lost a pound over the weekend. I won't know for sure until I step on the Wii on Monday, but from my bathroom scale (the one that is not the most accurate) it looks like I actually lost. I'll post more tomorrow when I step on the wii. We also did a lot of bike riding and we played football as a family, which was a lot of fun and something I would never have done pre band (too tiring). Now that I'm back to my chaotic noisy life, I hope I can still listen to my band and stop when I'm full. I have another week before I go in for my fill and I'm still thinking I just need a little tweak. I love my band!!!





























4 comments:

  1. I love that you love your band and you had a great weekend! Thanks for posting the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've asked before, but I don't think you've answered...

    Are there pictures of you on your blog?

    Looks like a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Tiffani, I never answered you. No, I never put pictures up of myself. I never took official before pictures. I'm really bent on staying anonymis (spelling?), although I've thought about making my blog private to just my blog friends and then I would be more comfortable posting personal picture. I'm wierd, I guess. I'm going to need to look back at old pictures to get a good before and maybe soon I'll go private and post some before and after pics. Thanks for asking. I love looking at other's before and after pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely understand!! Just didn't want to miss them if they were on here somewhere!!! I hope you go private now LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete