Hi all. I'm still dealing with a little reflux, just at bed time. I'll doze off and then all of a sudden wake up because the acid comes up a little, so I went to sleep on the couch again in a upright position and I do that for a few hours and then I seem to be okay. It's only mostly at night, so I think I can deal for a few more days and see if I loosen up some. I do think it's loosening a bit more. I am managing to eat, though it's funny, because I know I'm super tight and don't want to PB, I find I make better choices. I don't try to test the band and see if things go down okay (for the most part). I should say I'm being very cautious, which is how I should be all the time. I'm eating salads, cheese and crackers, absolutly no bread, soups. Water feels best when its warm. I'm beginning to get used to warm water. I think it opens up my band and it goes down so much easier.
I have a hard time with cold drinks (with ice), but Ice cream goes down without a problem. Go figure. I hope I figure this band out some day.
I have gained some weight over the last couple days (like 1.5 pounds) I don't know how. I didn't log my calories yet for yesterday, but I'm sure I got around 1,200 calories.
On a NSV note, I need new jeans and the Gottchalks near me is going out of business, so I bought 2 pairs of Seven jeans for $23 each (you know how I love a sale) and they were a size 12. They do run big and they are the stretch type, so probably closer to a regular 14, but something about the tag saying size 12 just makes me feel good. Also, they are very flattering, so I'm a happy camper. Shopping always makes me feel better. I'm going again today.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hey girl. I was just catching up and glad I came across your blog !! GO GET AN UNFILL !! Your too tight ! My slip started with acid refulx ! If this is not normal for you this is BAD ! TRUST ME DONT WAIT ! The way your eating is not the way you should be eating. You should be able to eat " normal" foods just less of them. In my opinion you need a slight unfill. Your putting your band at risk! Dont do what I did and wait !!! TRUST ME !!!
ReplyDeleteHope that helps !!
love
Mindy
Yeah...I think you should at least call your doc. I dont know about the slipping thing but sometimes on LBT people talk about ignoring the signs....at least call and ask some questions.
ReplyDeleteAny time anything "new" is going on with your band you should call your doc. I KNEW Reflux for me was bad , something knew and I ignored it because i could not afford to go see the doc. By time i got to the doc my band had not only slipped by I was less than 45 mintues away from surgery because of it. I could not keep my own SPIT Down .
ReplyDeleteLike i said if you THINK your too tight you probably are. I knew by time I got to my doc my band was slipped, the surgery thing caught me off guard. And I am a follow the rules by the BOOK Patient. So I knew better !