Monday, June 1, 2009

Question????

Okay, so I have a question for all my blogger and band friends. So, you know I've been having a difficult time the last several days and it seemed much better yesterday until bed time. I woke up in the middle of the night with the burning acid reflux coming up my throat and it wouldn't stop, so I went to the couch to sleep in a sitting position after taking a few TUMs. After an hour or so, I did finally fall asleep and it never resumed. This morning I feel fine. My question is, I think I can deal with this, provided it is a temporary feeling until my bloating goes away and then for the rest of the month I will have that sweet spot feeling. I really don't want to go have some removed only to find that in a few days, only to regret it because I can eat too much. My only fear is that I read all over the place that Acid Reflux (which I never have had until my band) is a sign that the band is too tight and you could get erosion or slippage if you don't have it unfilled. Do you think short bouts of it is a big deal?? I mean it seems to only be at night now and during the day, I'm not feeling it.

I go back and forth with what I should do. I guess I should ask my doctor next time, but I was thinking I wasn't going to be seeing him for a while because I was feeling like I was in a sweet spot. I was in my sweet spot. Is it possible for the band to be perfect and then two weeks later tighten up on you??? I really think it's just my body bloating and it will subside.

Anyway. Do you want to hear a NSV?? I've had about a handful of people notice I'm loosing weight who don't know about the band. I'm actually surprised more people don't notice, but yesterday two people that I haven't seen in a while were like "wow, you look great" one even said "you're waisting away". I kind of like that comment, of course my response was "I'm far from waisting away, but thanks for noticing. I have been working hard and it's working for me". You know I am not telling very many people, but I do feel a little guilty when they ask how I'm doing it and I just say, I'm watching what I eat, trying to cut out carbs, eating protein and vegi's and fruits, drinking protein shakes for some meals and exercising. Not a lie, but not entirely true. I'm very adamant about not letting everyone know about this. It's just my personality to not have people judge me. I'm very sensitive to people judging me and I'm one who does care what people think, so i know it's best for me to only let my close, immediate family know.

Anyway, no weight loss today and I logged my calories from yesterday and I'm only at 950 calories, so I'm thinking maybe it is not eating enough. I'm going to work on that today. Totally ironic that I need to work to eat more, something I never thought I'd be saying in my entire life. I love my band even though it's being difficult right now. I still Love it!!!

5 comments:

  1. Good job with the NSV! I haven't had the acid reflux issue so I can't offer much there, but I would wait and see if it happens again, and if it does, call and talk to a nurse before you go iN? Just a thought..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you post pictures? I would love to see your progress even if it's without a head or something, lol.

    I'm not sure what to suggest about the reflux but it seems it wouldn't hurt to just call and ask someone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree we want to see your pictures, The acid reflex problem I will call your nurse and get some advice, is best, than to be sorry latter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but the few bandsters I recall reading who had acid reflux really only had it at night.

    IF it is the case that you're too tight, your doc may only need to take out like 1/10 of a CC to make it work. It's not like they typically take out a lot... sometimes just a tiny adjustment works just fine.

    My thought on the issue is this: I'd rather have a teeny bit taken out for a time and risk either not losing or even gaining a few pounds than to risk erosion and permanent damage, which will lose you your band altogether. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get asked a lot " how do you know when your too tight ??" My response is " I know when im too tight when I THINK Im too tight " if your debating about if your too tight or not , you probably are and you probably need a slight unfill. Its better to get a slight unfill and have to go back a few weeks later for a fill than to risk slipping your band !

    ReplyDelete