Well, I got the call from the hospital today. 8 AM on Monday I check in and they gave me all my instructions on preop stuff. I can't stop thinking about it. I'm excited, but a little scared. I always have the worst case scenerio in the back of my head, but I'm trying to not let myself entertain those thoughts for too long. Can you believe I lost another pound this mornig? Thats 12 pounds gone. I hope I can loose another 2 by Monday and I'll have lost 14 pounds. I hate my scale though. Its just the old fashoned spin around one and, like I said on an earlier post, I can't stop weighing myself. I get the best results first thing in the morning after I've gone potty, but then I'll go have my coffee protein smoothie and some water and take meds and feed the kid and then I'll take a shower and weigh again with all clothing off and it will be up a pound or so. I hate that because I'm not sure if the earlier one was right, but I'm going with the best weight of the day and I'm sticking with it!! I'm anxious about Monday and also anxious about Wed and hope to be doing ok. They told me to drink my water and walk around, so I'm going to do that. Did anyone try Gas X to help with the gas pain?? Did it work????
I've been going a little overboard on my dinners for the last two nights. I'm still avoiding carbs and keeping it high protein, just the calorie count was probably higher than it should be, so until I can eat solids again, I'm going to try to be a good girl. Maybe shrimp tonight with a small light salad or Salmon with salad. MMMMMMM.....decisions, decisions, decisions....:)
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


CONGRATS your almost there !!!
ReplyDeletebe careful the last few days of your pre op . Those are the most important. You do not want to wake up and find you did not have a band from not shrinking your liver ! just follow the pre op diet and you will be fine !!!
Gas X did help some i think ? Also a heating pad on your shoulder helps too !
Mindy
Good luck on Monday I will be thinking of you! I get a fill tomorrow which I definately need. I weigh tomorrow and that is the weight I am tracking even though it fluctuates during the week. I weigh all the time. I got a Taylor scale at Costco or Sam's that tells body fat %. Now I have two scales to compare. They seem to be accurate. Crazy, I know. It's frusterating though cause I am still expecting to lose faster. Slow and steady for me at the time being. Hopefully, my fill will do the trick. I know I have gradually been eating more. Bad habits don't seem to disappear when the band goes in. Imagine that. hmmmm. I wish you all the luck. You will be fine and call me anytime with any questions or just to chat. Bye for now.
ReplyDeleteMichele