Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rainy Day

Well, today was Saturday and a rainy day and I just felt like lying around all day. I did get out for a short walk with hubby. We went to a party with friends last night. This group of friends likes to hang out and drink and eat and talk. I usually drink beer when we all hang out, but I realize that I will not be able to do that anymore. I know I'm not supposed to drink carbonated drinks (not exactly sure the reason...does it hurt....or does it expand your stomach pouch???), so I've been thinking what to do in our social crowd and decided I'd either switch to wine (I don't like it straight, a little White Zinfindale with a little diet 7up after carbonation is taken out) or I could try to mix up some concouxion (sp???) like Crystal Light with a little Vodka. Anyway, I know surgery was less than a week ago and I wasn't on pain meds anymore, so I probably could have had one drink, but I decided to just bring Crystal Light and pour it in a cup and drink it like an acholoic beverage and it was fine. No one asked what I was drinking, I had a great time socializing with friends and we stayed till midnight. I was exhausted and went home to bed, kids stayed the night over our friends house, so I got to sleep in. One sticky situation was when a friend, who never cooks, told me she made homemade salsa and I need to try it. I just said "ok" and kept talking and it never came up again. I have to admit, I was thinking, what can I do or say to get out of trying it. I almost thought maybe I could grab a chip scoop a small amount of salsa and eat it off without biting the chip and chew good and hope everything goes down ok. Well, I didn't have to worry about it after all.

Sorry for the babbling......talk to you soon..

1 comment:

  1. Hey There!
    Thanks for posting all the things that come up after being banded. I was confronted with the same dilemma's. I used to drink beer too. So on Chrismas Eve I gave my husband a bottle of Grey Goose vodka, he's always wanted to try it. Anyways, I had a small cranberry/vodka with a splash of OJ. Mind you we are not big drinkers. Now I will have a glass of white zin. I don't miss beer at all. That's prob why I gained so much because I don't like lite beer only the rich ambers and ales.
    As far as the food thing at parties. People are distracted by others and conversation they really don't notice what we are eating and drinking. It's very interesting that I am more worried and come up with scenarios before an event that really never happen or come up. It's pretty easy to avoid stuff or fake it.
    I just love this weather too!
    Also we need to think of our first meeting, when and where? It would be fun to just get together and chat. I wouldn't mind hosting the first one. Would it be okay to have it open to kids if we can't find sitters? I am open to that because we are all moms too. We can talk to Brenda and anyone else near by that would like to join us. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete