So, tomorrow is the 5th of January and the big day. I start the preop liquid diet, my husband and kids go back to work and school and we all get back to the usual routine. My husband is going to do the liquid diet with me as support and for him to drop the few pounds he has to loose. He is slightly overweight, but an avid cyclist, so when he puts his mind to it, he can drop 20lbs in a few weeks. I'm so greatful to have his support on this liquid thing. I keep fixating on this pre op diet. I'm looking forward to the fact that it means surgery is around the corner, but I hesitate if I'm going to be successful with it. I know others don't have to do a liquid diet, but it will be nice to start with a chunk of weight gone and to hit 20lb loss quicker after surgery. I know there is that point in time after surgery when the band is not tight at all and you can't have a fill yet and people tend to gain or not loose and I'm hoping if my weight loss is larger, it won't be as frustrating. I also know that the pre op diet shrinks your liver and makes surgery easier and more safe, so that makes it worth it. I want to follow all instructions as I don't want to put myself or my band at risk.
The past few days, it seems every meal is my last meal. We've been using gift cards from Christmas and eating out and making big breakfasts. I have been playing with the protein shakes and have bought all my protein. I'm used to making myself an Iced coffee every morning (starbucks espresso beans, 1% milk and sugar in tall glass with ice....yummm), so I changed that up a bit I have been doing 1/2 cup 1% milk, espresso, 1 paket splenda and 1 scoop chocolate protein powder 26 grm protein and I love it. I made one before going to the grocery store last night and I bought all the items I will need as well a weeks worth of meals for the kids. I did well and wasn't tempted or anything. I think it was because I was full from the protein drink. I still ate dinner last night, not that I was hungry, just cooking it for the kids made me eat it. That is something that will be very difficult at first. Especially the first few days on protein. I'm planning my coffee drink in the morning, a small milk one around 11am another small one at 2pm and then a light no carb protein dinner like salmon and green beans.
Wish me luck.....
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment