Still doing good. I've got my protein drinks down now, and I actually looked at all the calories and protein grams today including my high protein meal and I'm at about 770 calories today and 100 protein grams. I think I'm supposed to be at about 700-800 calories a day and between 40-140 protein as per my doctor. I found myself thinking of an In-N-Out Double Double today at around 12noon and normally, I would have run through the drive through. I felt a little sad and wondered how I would be able to do this for 2+ weeks and then I drank my protein drink and, I must say, the craving and the feeling left me quickly. So, I think the key is to keep the protein in you and since I'm just on day 2, I probably should have something to drink every 3-4 hours to keep that craving away. Tonight, I'm making this spicy bean soup that I found online and it is yummy as I've made it before. I hate that I look forward to dinner. Is it wrong or bad that it's one of the highlights of my day???
I forgot to mention that my grandmother is in the hospital and I have been visiting her daily after I drop the kids off. She can't have anything by mouth for the time being, so food doesn't enter into our visits. I hope when this routine changes, I don't find myself having trouble. My mom mentioned that she made cookies last night (she makes homemade cookies at least once a week) and I instantly thought I wouldn't be able to resist if they were in front of me. This is going to be hard to go to her house, but I told her when I come over to just hide them.
I have to admit, I'm a person who weighs everyday when I'm dieting. I know its bad and I think I'm going to try to change that because it is very disappointing when the scale doesn't move as fast as you want it to and I think it will discourage me. I'm going to have to wean myself though and maybe start weighing every other day and then every 3rd day etc. When I'm not dieting, I don't weigh for months only because I'm afraid to see the number. I need to measure myself and take good before pictures in the next day or so to have a reference to look back on.
Well, sorry for all the rambling. I know it's boring stuff right now, just me keeping tabs on my progress. Hopefully, once I get banded, it will get a little more interesting. Thanks for reading.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment