Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 9 ..............My Sweet Granny

Well, this has been an extreemly rough week. On Sunday, my sweet Granny went to heaven. I miss her so much and its been a sad depressing week. I've managed to stay on my diet, but now I face an even bigger delema (spelling??). I only told my mom and dad about the surgery and its scheduled for the 19th. My mom was trying to schedule the funeral for Fri or Sat, but those dates weren't available, so they had to go with the 21st. Yep!! 2 days post op. So my thoughts were do I try to reschedule for another 2 weeks (remember I'm 1 week into this very difficult liquid diet and really looking forward to being banded) or continue as scheduled and hope all goes well and I'm back up and running 2 days post op. What does everyone think???? I called the Dr. office to see what they thought and they said I should be fine 2 day post op. Then the surgery center called yesterday to try to push the surgery out one day later making the funeral 1 day post op. I said "no" I had to keep the 19th or reschedule for two weeks later (Dr. does surgery every other Monday at this surgery center). Anyway, I decided to go with the 19th unless the center has to change the date. I have a high tolerance for pain, I've never had a surgery before, but I feel like I'm a person who heals pretty quickly. I hope I'm making the right decision.

My other fear is that we have family and friends coming from all over for the funeral and I don't want anyone to know about my surgery and fear somehow it will show. The Dr. office said "no one will know" and I should be fine. I looked back on a lot of blogs and it seems most people were up and feeling much better and went off pain meds at about 2 days post op, so I'm hoping for that. I will be sitting most of the time , but a lot of hugging, and then the after thing (do you call it a party??). I guess I'll play that by ear, if I'm feeling bad, I could just stay a little while and then leave.

Anyway, sorry this was such a depressing post. Do you want to hear some good news????? I'm down 9 pounds after 8 days!!!! Yeahh!!!!! that is a ray of light on a dark gloomy day for me.

God Bless and thanks for reading!!!!

5 comments:

  1. i am so sorry about your grandma.
    To be honest , your going to be pretty sore 2 days post op . It might be hard to keep the secret abotu surgery , HOWEVER , You could tell people you just had your gallbladder taken out ? its a very similar surgery and a "common" operation .
    People would leave you alone about why your not eating as well.
    Granted not the best idea to lie but it would do ?
    The worst part of it at that point ( post op) is goign to be getting up and down. People will probably know if they have to see you get up and down a lot ?
    Just my 2 cents. I too have a high tolerance for pain and i was sore on day 2.
    HTH
    MIndy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mindy, Thats a good idea about the gallbladder surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with you Wendy during this difficult time. I was sore day 2 but I think with meds it is tolerable. I think everyone will be focused on your grandma to notice. And you are grieving too. I thought people would notice after mine because it's such a huge thing to me and nobody knows. Tim's family still doesn't. I faked eating on Christmas. People were into what they were doing, conversations and eating. Good luck and I am thinking of you.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Michele...I know everything will be fine. I posted a thread asking how people felt and most people thought it would be tolerable too. So, I feel much better about going through with it now. Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother...my thoughts and prayers are with you. take care of yourself and i'm sure you'll feel well enough on your third day.
    brenda

    ReplyDelete