Hi there!! Well, today is a week post op to the day and I'm feeling great. I have 4 small incision sites and one large one. The large one hurts at times, I think it's when I do too much, It feels like its opening up, but its not. I put neosporin on them and covered them with bandages and it feels much better today. I don't know where my port site is, but I think I figured it out last night. One side is much soarer the the other when I sleep at night and that must be the side. I feel like my abdomen is still swollen where the incisions are especially after I eat. I have such trouble sleeping at night. I like to sleep on my stomach and I miss it so much. Can't wait till I can do it again. How long will that take????
I really miss my kickboxing class at the gym. I really want to get back into it, but know I'm not ready yet. How long will it take to get back into vigirous exercise???? I'm thinking maybe take this week off and then go back on my 3rd week post op. I don't want to hurt anything, but If my incisions feel ok, I'm thinking I will be ok.
gotta go.....I might post again later today.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


The big incision is the port incision , your probably better off not covering them, the air will allow them to heal faster.
ReplyDeleteBut the port incision will be sore for longer than the others, its the one that had the most "work" done on it.
So that's "normal" . As for sleeping. try getting a body pillow or a pillow and putting it on the side you sleep on , you can kind of lean on it and it will help you sleep. It helps take the pressure off your side. Most docs say you can start exercising 6 weeks post op .
So i would not start anything before then.
Glad you are feeling good !
Mindy