Friday, February 27, 2009

A Great Day!!

Hi all, I'm back from the walking field trip with my son. We had a great day, the play about Jakie Robinson was really good and I'm glad my son got to see it. After we got back to the school, I took my son out early and we went to lunch and spent the rest of the day together. My son is a really good student and I started a sort of tradition/reward with him as long as he keeps his grades up. If he maintains being on Honor Roll, I will take him out of school early sometime during the trimester and take him to lunch and do something fun that he wants to do. I never really plan it, just a random day between report cards. Well, he got all A's but one grade and made Honor Roll, so today was our day. After lunch, he wanted a Jamba Juice and then we went to the book store and video game store. There is this pet store in the mall that has tons of adorable puppies and everytime we go to the mall, we stop and look. We already have a Chiuaua, a cat and a rat and we are not getting anymore animals, but we love to look. My kids always want to go into the petting room and pet and hold a puppy and I never let them for fear of falling in love with the puppies and wanting to take them home. We made a deal that on his special day, we would go to the pet store and hold a puppy, so we did. We actually held two a Wymeriemer (spelling??? sorry) beautiful, but that puppy was hyper and wanted to chew everything, my purse, our shoes, our clothes, our fingers. So then we held a Shitzu/Laso Apso mix and it was the cutest little fluffball. She was nice and calm and we did fall in love with her, but not tempted to take her home.....tooo expensive $999--unbelievable. Anyway, sorry for going on and on, but it was so fun, we'll have to do it again sometime.

I forgot to metion that yesterday I went to Ross and went shopping and I came across a too good to pass up bargain on a pair of Old Navy Jeans in size 14. I dared to take them into the dressing room and try them on. I got them over my hips and they actually zipped up without me laying on a bed, so I took them home with me. I can't say I can wear them out just yet. They really are too tight, but I'm going to keep them in my closet and try them on from time to time as incentive and I will look forward to some day soon when they will be a regular part of my wardrobe.

I have to apologize for my typing and grammer. My mind goes faster than my fingers and I'm usually typing so fast, that there are tons of errors.

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a good time on his field trip! Yay for your sons good grades! That is awesome! And good for you on the purchase of some new jeans! One day soon you will look great in them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a stay at home mom also, so I know how happy it must have made you feel to participate in your sons special day. Thanks for the advise on adding an extra shake, I think it is helping. Have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete