Monday, February 2, 2009

Today is a great day!!! ......Mushies

Well, today marks 2 weeks since my surgery and I am finally able to start Mushies!! Yeah!!! Dr. even said salads with tuna or chicken, so that opens up all kinds of new menu ideas. I went to a Superbowl party yesterday and did pretty good. Someone had brought Posole (spelling???) and I was able to take some of the broth and only ate that. Of course everyone is drinking and, like I said in an earlier post, I usually drink beer, but I decided to make me a Cape Cod and I bought some light Cranberry Juice (40 calories per serving) and mixed it with a little Vodka. It was delicious, but I must say, I used to be able to drink quite a bit and not get tipsy, well, I think those days are gone. I had 3 drinks over the course of the evening (7 hours) and boy was I feeling them. I think I should have no more than 2 from now on, still not feeling too good this morning. I took beans and rice to the party as it was a Mexican theme and the refried beans I bought at this really good Mexican Resturant near us. there was some left over, so I'm having some as we speak for breakfast and they are wonderful. I know beans aren't a normal breakfast food, but I have been anxous for them since I know I can have them today. I'm sure these beans are full of fat, so I'll be carful not to eat too many of them.

You know how I said I'm one of those people who weigh every day and sometimes twice a day??? Well, I still haven't been able to get over that and I know that when the scale doesn't move for a few days, I get discouraged and forget to look at the whole picture. Instead of seeing that I haven't lost for the last few days, I should look at how much I've lost over the whole week or month. Well, my kids have Wii and they used their Christmas money and bought the Wii fit and I love it. It keeps track of how much you've lost and has little fitness tests and keep track of how many minuites you've exercised. I've decided to weigh in on that once a week to see what my weight loss is for a week at a time and it's great. Also, a great way to kind of start getting back into exercise after not exercising at all. I feel so good, I think I will start back to the gym this week. I will do light exercise and my doctor says when I feel ready I can go ahead and start back into it. I will be careful not to over do it.

By the way, at two weeks post op, I have lost a total of 19 pounds (12 pre op and 7 post op). Yeah!!!! Hopefully I'll get to 20 pound this week.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the Mushies and the weight loss.
    REMEMBER FIRST 6 WEEKS HEALING NOT WEIGHT LOSS !
    Im going to make a BIG SIGN and put that somewhere LMAO
    You are doing great !
    Here are some mushie ideas for you .
    Pureed /Mushies
    Baked potatoe soup .
    Make sure you mash the taters enough .
    Mashed Potatoes (Top with some melted cheese too if you like )

    My favorite :
    Refried beans layered w/ Sour cream , picante sauce, quacamole, and melted
    cheese. YUMMY and filling . Make sure you mash or chew the beans WELL
    Also along these same lines . Take and cube a butternut squash , Put in
    microwave w/ a little water until soft. Mash the squash , Then layer w/ sour
    cream , guacamole, a little Picante sauce "Juice" melted cheese and refried
    beans.
    For some added protein mash up some Black beans Its VERY GOOD ! eat it like
    a casserole cold or Warm . I like it both ways.
    Also you can eat the squash w/ some Cinnamon and sugar on it too. Just make
    sure you add water to it when you re heat it so its not dry .
    One small squash will last FOR EVER for us .


    Tuna avacado Salad
    1 can of tuna
    1 avacado
    Lowfat Mayo
    Jane's Mixed up Salts
    Garlic Powder

    Mix up some tuna with some lowfat mayo, add the avacado and mush it all up.
    Season with Jane's Mixed up Salts and some garlic and you have one kick ass
    meal. (NOT my favorite meal , I would puree some canned chikcen for this
    before i did it w/ tuna )

    Crust less Pizza
    Pizza sauce
    Mozzeralla cheese
    WELL Cooked veggies
    Layer and bake until cheese is very melted
    Some have added Eggs to this and bake to add protein !

    Noodle Less Lasuagna
    Tomoatoe sauce
    Ricotta cheese
    Mozzeralla cheese
    Bell peppers WELL Cooked until mushy
    and onions WELL Cooked
    Layer and bake until cheese is melted well

    Apple sauce Good to add protein powder to it

    THIS IS AWESOME and filling You will LOVE LOVE THIS ~
    Protein Pudding
    1 small box s/f pudding (chocolate or vanilla)
    2 cups milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    4 scoops protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
    3/4 cup lite sugar free Cool Whip

    Mix together and stir until starts to thicken.
    5--1/2 cup servings
    100 calories
    20 grams of protein



    OK Im done for now dont want to make ya go WOHHHH LOL

    ReplyDelete