Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Recipe

Well, I have been really trying to be good with my eating after this past weekend and not doing the best. I've still managed to not gain over the weekend which I'm very happy about. I have this recipe that I just love and its so low in calories and very tasty, so I thought I'd share with everyone. I love Chinese food and this gives me that Chinese food fix and you can change it up however you like and its filling. It's probably something your already doing, but here it is.

---about 2 cups shredded cabbage
---about 1/2 cup thinly sliced white onion
---mushrooms or chicken or both
---1 tbsp olive oil

I heat up the olive oil in a skillet add the onions and cabbage and let them cook until the cabbage and onions are tender, add mushrooms and/or chicken. let everything heat well. Sprinkle with garlic salt to taste.

I used to make it with mushrooms, but today I had some leftover baked chicken and used that and it was delicious. I also added a splash of soy sauce at the very end and it was wonderful. I was thinking you could add some peanuts too and that would be tasty.

When I counted the calories with just mushrooms, its like 175 calories and its a lot of food. With restriction, you could probably only eat 1/2 or 1/4 of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment