Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just an Update

Ok, well I've been eating the wrong things, by mistake, so I'm back to the liquid protein diet and just broth soups. Nothing blended or mushie until Monday (2 weeks post op). I hope I didn't hurt anything starting the mushies too early, but I feel fine and nothing ever felt like it was even close to getting stuck. My mom and I like to do lunch and the movies together during the week. We try to get together at least once a week, but lately its been more often, just to keep our minds off Granny. We went to our favorite chineese resturant and I had egg flower soup and only ate the broth. I bought a container to go, so I can snack on it the rest of the week. She also made stew for dinner last night and put some of the broth in a container for me to eat for dinner tonight. We went shopping after lunch and found some good bargins at the mall. I bought a new pair of jeans on clearance. They were a little tight to allow for some weight loss. My current jeans are starting to look too loose and I love to wear jeans, so I think I will continue to buy a new pair of smaller size as each bigger size gets loose. I'm a good shopper and usually find great deals on sale or clearance. I'm not going to get any fancy name brands until I get really close to my goal unless they are too good a price to pass up. I can't wait to fit into a pair of 7 For all Mankind jeans (that will be a great day when I can fit into a pair and I will splurge for those). I'm feeling good. I'm down 18 pounds now. I've been teetering between 17 and 18 pounds for a couple days now and today I got my monthly friend, so I think when my friend is gone, the 18 pounds will stick and hopefully it will be 19 or 20.

Anyway, my incisions are feeling good. I feel great and I'm sleeping a little better. Still can't wait until I can sleep on my stomach, but I think it will happen in the next week by the way I'm feeling.

One thing I've been thinking about is pills and medication. I have a binder full of instructions and it says I should crush tablets, but capsuls and gel caps are usually ok to swallow. I'm afraid to find out. Luckily I don't take a whole lot of meds and I've switched to chewable vitamins (yuck, but better than crushing a regular one). The only one I do take regularly is a capsul for acne. I've been avoiding it, buy am breaking out and really need to start taking it regularly. Today I cut the top off the capsul and put it in a swig of crystal light and swallowed. It was so disgusting and don't know how long I can do that. Do capsuls really go down ok and should I try it? Its not that big, but I don't want it to get stuck, I'm too early in this process to have it get stuck.

1 comment:

  1. Check with the pharmacist to see if you can cut the capsule. Some things cant be cut or they are not affective. I have taken a capsule a few times and like you was scared and it went down ok.
    But check w/ the doc if its ok to take it now and ask the Pharmacist ( docs dont know usually ) if its ok to cut the meds .
    HTH
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete