Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Filled

So I went for my first fill today and everything went good. Dr. was a little late, so had to wait about 45 min., but thats ok. I just love my Dr. !! I have read a lot of blogs and postings on the fill, so I thought I kinda knew what to expect. I'm pretty pain tolerant and the actual poking didn't really hurt much, I just wasn't prepared for the forceful jab. I guess when I think about it, it has to get through the skin and the port opening, so it probably has to be a little foceful (not in a painful way, just a little shocking). The Dr. described it as a blood draw, but a blood draw is a gentle insertion of the needle. Anyway, I assume all Dr. do it in this manner, just never heard anyone describe it as a quick, firm jab. It really didn't hurt, not even as much as blood draw because once it gets through the first layer of skin, its over and he did it so quick, it was short and sweet. He put 5.5 cc into my band, and then I sat up and drank almost my whole bottle of water. I waited in the waiting room a few minutes to make sure all went down ok and then went out shopping. I drank a protein shake for lunch and the Dr. said to drink liquid type items for today and maybe tomorrow if I feel the need and then transition to mushies and then regular food. No real time schedule, just as I feel ready. I'm cleared for all exercise and weights as well and I asked him an all important question that has been bugging me. I'm not a regular soda drinker, but I like a Diet Cola once in a while and I keep reading that it is off limits, that it streatches your stomach pouch and that it is horribly painful. I wanted to know what the real answer was. Can it damage my pouch or will I just hurt and probably never want to do it again??? So I asked and he said it will not hurt or stretch my pouch, but the gas has trouble escaping and I could have bad gas pains. Now mind you, that is enough for me, I don't plan on drinking down a bunch of Diet Soda anytime soon, nor do I want a bunch of gas pain, but in the future if I decide to take a sip to find out, I know it won't stretch or damage my pouch. I am finding that all my liquids go down fine, almost the same as before the fill. I felt a small sensation when he filled my pouch (can't really explain it not painful). He said it doesn't feel real tight to him. I do have like a gassy cramping feeling, nothing horrible or unbearable, but I took some gasx when I got home and hope this feeling goes away because I really wanted to go to the gym tonight, but not with this sort of gas pains. Well, I've rambled on enough, and so far can't tell how much restriction I have, but as soon as I put something thicker into my stomach, I'll let you know. Oh, BTW, Dr. O told me to just call and come back in when I feel like i'm eating more than I should be able to wheather it be 2 weeks or 2 months just come on in. I love that!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yea, you got your first your fill! It's so exciting reading your post because I know what to expect. I tried posting a comment on your last post but was having some trouble. Thanks for your comment, and good luck! I'm looking forward to reading about your success for many months to come

    ReplyDelete