I have had several of the automatic, fancy espresso machines and find the little stove top espresso maker to be just fine. The others work great at first, but then they always end up clogging up or getting hard water build up that all the cleaning in the world doesn't fix. I like this little one because its simple, easy to clean, portable doesn't take up counter space and makes great espresso if the beans are ground fine enough. I have tried lots of espressos and I'm a Starbucks fan, so I buy a bag about every 2 weeks (my hubby loves it too) and I have them grind it fine for me. Extra fine works best in my machine and makes really strong espresso.
For my morning drink, I usually throw about 1/2 cup milk, 4 Splenda packets, 2 scoops Trader Joe's Vanilla Soy protein powder and espresso in a blender and blend it up. Then I put some Ice in a glass and pour the mixture over the ice and this is how it looks.
Yummm......
Here are a few of the other protein powders I like.
I get the two big ones at Target, Vanilla and Chocolate. They are really sweet, so if you add these to the espresso drink, don't add as much splenda. I love the taste of the espresso, so the Trader Joe's protein is not flavored as much.
This picture stuff is fun, I'm going to have to do this more often.
BTW, I didn't weigh in today...I'm feeling boated and am sure it hasn't moved, much less go up. I did, however, walk with my family last night up this mountain near our house. It's really steep and its about a 3 mile hike up and a 3 mile hike down. We were all exhausted, but I feel so good that I did it!!! I also ate pretty good yesterday.


Thanks for the recipe, my husband loves cofee and he also drinks protein drinks everyday so I told him I read you drink an espresso protein shake every morning and I would get the recipe from you. Thanks, I will have to get the espresso machine and some cofee today while I'm out. I think I'm going to stop weighing everyday, because like you i weigh everyday and I think it just makes me obsessive about it. Have a great day!!
ReplyDelete