Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Fill #2

Went to the Dr. today to get another fill. It was strange. Remember when I was comenting about how it kinda hurt a little when the kneedle went in? Well, this time, I was bracing myself and ready for the stick and I felt nothing. He put 2.5 cc in and I sat up to drink. Took one gulp, swallowed, then another, but couldn't swallow as the first gulp was stuck and wouldn't go down. I had to spit that gulp out and lay down for him to take out 1 cc. I felt instant relief and sat up again to drink. This time all went down ok, but with each gulp, I was making gurguling sounds and making lots of noises. Dr. said that means I am tight and if I keep it this full, I'd be on protein drinks for a week. We decided to take out .5cc as the thought of protein drinks for a week didn't appeal to me and I'm afraid of being too tight. I don't want complications or problems when I get home. I want to be able to eat, just not so much. I figure I have pleanty of time to get tighter fills if need be. I want to see how I do with a regular fill and decide how tight I want to go next time. Anyway, He ended up poking me 3 times and I felt nothing on any of the pokes. I don't get it, but I'm grateful I didn't feel anything. I drank a protein drink when I got home and tonight, when I get home from the gym, I'm going to try some thin soup. The protein drink was easy to get down and I can't say I was stuffed after drinking it. I hope mushies and solids give me the restriction I'm looking for.

I'm off to the gym now.

BTW, I'm feeling much better today, just the lingering of a cold now.

No comments:

Post a Comment