Friday, March 6, 2009

TGIF!!

I'm happy it's Friday. I'm not feeling so good today. I have had this terrible headache for the last 2 1/2 days. I try to nurse it with meds and it will get a little better, but not go completly away and then come back real strong. I finally got it feeling good last night and was able to go out with hubby, but by bed time it was back and woke up with a headache this morning. I've been treating it and I feel ok now, but I find when I'm not feeling well, my food choices aren't the best because I grab what sounds good and is quick and easy. I'm eating a bowl of cold cereal as I type

Well last night was fun. I ordered a blended Strawberry Margarita instead of my usual Cape Cod. Probably a higher calorie choice, but it sounded good and I knew I was only going to have one. That is the thing with the band, once you eat, you can't drink anymore, so happy hour for me is one quick drink before I eat. Probably a good thing, since I used to have 2 or 3 drinks. Our bill certainly is cheaper!! The Blended Strawberry Margarita was not a good choice. You know how some people get brain freeze when they drink something cold. The band brought on what I call throat freeze!!! OOOhhh it kinda hurt and It lasted a few minutes before it went away. I think I try to drink too fast, because I want to finish it so I can eat some chips and salsa. I finished the drink slowly and tried to hold the drink in my mouth while it melted a bit before I swallowed and that seemed to help. It still happend about 4 times and it was enough for me to know not to order the frozen drinks anymore. We'll see if I learned my lesson.

I ate my salad and took a buffalo wing and a slice of quesadilla from my husbands plate and a few chips and salsa. I was stuffed when we left and probably should have stopped at the salad. I knew I was full when I finished the salad, but still ate the buffalo wing and quesadilla. I see I need to work on stopping when I'm full. This has always been a problem for me. But all and all, I don't think I did too bad. Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast:
Espresso Protein Drink
Oatmeal w/flaxseed
Lunch:
Tuna salad
Snack:
Light Ice cream protein drink (I had no problem with this, but just a scoop of Ice cream for taste, not real frozen)
Dinner:
Strawberry Margarita
Salad
1 Buffalo Wing
1 slice Quesadilla
Chip & Salsa

And today, I gained 1 1/2 pounds, but I'm not going to take that to heart because I didn't weigh at my normal time because I was feeling so bad this morning when I woke up. I waited to weigh in after a shower, protein drink, lots of water and meds. Also, if I'm going to weigh every day, I'm not going to get so upset if the scale goes up on a day or two during the week. Every time it does go up, I look back a week earlier and see what it was and I still show a loss from a week earlier. Hopefully, tomorrow or the next day will be a better weigh day. I also went to the gym yesterday and did lost of weights, but I don't think that would change the scale. I know muscle weighs more than fat, but one day isn't going to make me gain weight. Right???

Sorry this is a little lenghty, but I wanted to tell you that yesterday when I ate the tuna salad, I put shaved cabbage in it and I got a taste of what being stuck feels like. I took a bite without chewing well and felt a slight pain and could tell that it was trying to go down and was having trouble. The pain came and went a few times and I actually went to the sink thinking I might need PB, but it did eventually go down and wasn't too bad. Since then, I've been noticing that things are not sliding down quite as easily as they were before. I haven't gotten that feeling again, but I'm so used to not chewing good, that I take a bite and feel it struggle a bit and it reminds me to slow down and chew, chew, chew. My cold cereal this morning did the same thing, so I slowed down and chewed better and didn't have a problem.

Well, hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment