Hi all!!
I had a nice weekend, didn't get too much exercise in, but did manage to go for a nice bike ride and lots of cleaning around the house in preparation for a family get together on Sunday at my house. I felt my eating was pretty good until yesterday's party. I started the morning with my usual protein shake and then a few bites of a breakfast burrito an hour later. Then, we had my hubby's family over for a welcome home party for my brother in law returning from Iraq and home for good as well as celebrating 3 birthdays (my son being one of the birthdays). We did a pot luck thing consisting of veggie and fruit platters, homemade tamales, pizza & nachos. I didn't do so good...I ate way more than I should have and everything went down fine. Dessert was a selection of cheesecake, carrot cake, strawberry pie & lemon cake. I just had a small slice of cheesecake. I gave all of the desserts for family to take home as I didn't want any in this house or I'd be too tempted. I did save my sons a small slice of lemon cake, since they both liked it. They are going to eat it after school today and then all will be gone.
I think its funny how no one mentioned to me that I have lost weight, but later after everyone left, my hubby said that his mom mentioned to him that I have lost weight and looked good and asked what I have been doing. I talked with a lapband friend of mine about this phenomenon. I think no one has noticed my weight loss when, in fact, people probably notice, but don't want to say anything. I don't understand that, but I was very flattered that she had noticed and said something to him. I guess people might be noticing after all and not saying anything.
Well, today is the last day of my kid's school book fair (thank God!!!!). I've had enough of it and plan to stay far away from the school for a while at least. I took the morning off and am about to leave to help Finnish it off and pack it away.
Bye for now!!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hi Wendy, Congrats on reaching Onederland!!!!! Way to go!!!! I used to love parties at my house just so I will have the goodies in the house for one more day. That is great that you are getting rid of them, just like leftovers from Spaghetti Factory. I love that in control feeling when I decide when it's gone not because I ate it because I feel guilt then. Ramble ramble that's what I am doing. Tomorrow I will email you some pics:) Yeah the book fair is over, it is hard work, but schools need involved parents like you. Especially, I can tell you would be so easy to work with:)))) Talk soon,,Michele
ReplyDelete