Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Back from shopping and feeling better.....

Hi all, I'm back from my shopping trip and feeling so much better. I've mentioned before that I'm kind of a bargain shopper. I love the clearance racks and especially so when I'm buying clothes that, hopefully, won't fit me for very long. So, sometimes, I just shop to try on things and see what size I am and what fits. When I started this journey, I was a solid size 18 and today, I was trying on size 14's and they all fit. Not too tight, not too big, just perfect size 14 on the bottom. Yeah!!! Talk about a boost to my depressing mood. I didn't buy any bottoms, nothing on sale, so I'll wait and maybe I'll be an 11 by then. I have like 3 pairs of shorts that fit me good right now. I did go to Ross and bought 2 blouses. I love Ross. Not sure if it's all over the country, but here in Southern CA, its a great store. They have all sizes in one store and great prices. Anyway, I'm a size XL on top, so that means I've finally crossed over that threshold from plus sizes to regular sizes. When I started that journey, that was a major reason I wanted to loose weight and I said I'd be happy just to be able to shoppe in normal stores and wear normal size clothes. So, when I'm upset that the scale isn't moving for me, I'm going to remember that I have accomplished quite a bit and 27 pounds is pretty damn good!!

BTW, off the subject of the band, remember how I got a small job doing some transcription work from home?? well, another job just landed in my lap doing customer service from home. I've been training for the job for the past 3 days and it seems pretty good. Not one of those work from home scams where you have to pay them to work for them. This is a legitimate work from home job. So, I will be making a little extra cash to help pay for this lap band.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I can't wait until I am into some "regular" size clothes. I put on a shirt that is an XL today and it fits well. Still in plus sizes for the bottoms, and will be for a while - but that is okay as long as the sizes keep getting smaller!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats right Sarah. Baby steps..huh? I just find I want it to all happen right now. I need to do this more often and stop and look at what I've accomplished. Especially those NSV when the scale is not cooperating.

    ReplyDelete