Thursday, April 23, 2009

A much better day.

Every morning when I wake up, I touch my tummy area to see if it feels slimmer or not. My weight is the first thing I think about when I wake up and the last thing I usually think about when I go to bed. This morning, I woke up not feeling particularly slimmer and deciding wheather to weigh myself or not. I decided to do it and hope for it to be the same as yesterday and to not have gained, especially after my sad day yesterday. Well, low and behold, I lost like 1.5 pounds. Go figure, I can't figure this weight thing out for the life of me. And remember how I was complaining about not feeling restriction? Well, I still think I need a slight fill, but yesterday, I made myself a chicken roll up and could only eat half of it as I was feeling quite full and had to chew better because I was feeling it. Then, I was eating some raw carrots and felt those too. Maybe I just need to blog about it and then the problem gets solved.

So, needless to say, I think today is going to be a great day.

I have this terrible habbit of eating while I'm driving. I go about my day running errands and such then find myself starving and then I make terrible choices such as going through a drive thru or something. So, I like to try to pack something to take with me for when I get hungry. I've started taking a little baggy of carrots and it works great. I can throw them in my purse and when I'm feeling hungry, I just pop them in my mouth and chew well and all is good. I curb my hunger and get a veggie in at the same time. I especially like to eat something while I'm driving, it used to be chips and french frys, so carrots work.

I don't know if I mentioned, but my mom and my good childhood friends have started a Bunco group and tonight is our first game. I'm very excited. There will be good food and maybe wine, so I'm going to try to be really good today so that I can have a little bit tonight.

BTW, Thanks Amy for all your great adivce and for listening to me and responding so quickly. I did call to schedule a small fill, but they can't get me in for another month. Bummer, by then I might need a full cc, but I hope I don't go throught this whole too tight, unfill thing again. I asked them to put me on a waiting list for a cancellation for next week. We'll see :)

5 comments:

  1. Well keep my posted. I have never played Bunco, but back in the day...my mom and all her work friends played it. I hear it is really fun and addictive! I wish I liked carrots...have mercy I would rather eat nothing. It sounds like you do have restriction...but you are in the same boat as me. I definetly have restriction. Case in point...this morning I broke my streak of no fast food breakfast and got a breakfast burrito from McD's...oh I felt so dirty. Anyways, I ate about half of it and when I got to work had to go in the bathroom and some of it came up. My band told me NO NO NO. But, last night at dinner I ate a piece of garlic bread. So in two weeks when I go in for my fill, I think I need just a little fix. I dont want it to be scary tight!

    But hey! You are loosing! In 2009! Get it:) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those burritos are not friends of the band, but ooooh soooo good. I don't favor McD's but have you tried Farmer Boys??? MMMMM delicious. I don't eat much in the morning, but when I do go for breakfast, those burritos do me in. I'm so thankful for my loosing this morning (yes, in 2009) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You check blogs almost as much as me...which I love :) I posted this response on my blog too, but wanted to make sure you got it.

    Well, you know all docs are different. But, these are the things that his band patients have to take (and RnY have to take more).

    2 multi-vitamins a day.

    2 calcium chews a day. I take Viactiv milk chocolate chews. Dont take them at the same time as your mult-vitamins though, bc they block the absorption of iron. Calcium is good for us girls anyways. I used to drink lots of milk, bc I drank it with my chocolate, pb & j sandwhiches, etc. And now I cant drink with food.

    The b-12 I just get at walmart in the vitamin section. They disolve under the tongue, and I take 5 a week. They arent bad at all. b-12 is supposed to help with your energy. Some doctors have their patients come in for a b-12 shot, but my doc says why get a shot if you dont have to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are really losing steadily now. I wanted to let you know I got your comment and have been meaning to get back with you. The 10lbs came off in more like 9 days not a week. Anyway I just cut back on my portions and dealt with the hunger pains. This week I've lost 3lbs so I think I just got lucky last week with the 10lbs. I hadnt lost any weight for almost 3 weeks so I was happy. Have fun at Bunco night and I hope all is well with your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks mommyof4!! Good job to you!!! Your weight loss is going great!! It's hard for me to not fall back into old habbits and that is what I struggle with most. When I'm hungry, I don't always eat the best choices and then I gain what I lost. A vicious cycle.

    ReplyDelete