Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fill Numero 3

Well, I had my fill this afternoon, but still to early to tell since I'm on liquids and soft food. He put 1.5 cc in which by my calculations puts me at 7.5 cc. Could that even be possible??? This is only my 3rd fill. I don't think he has ever taken out the fluid in the band to see how much was left from the previous fill. I guess I don't ask enough questions. Anyway, I can feel the water kind of hesitating to go down. I had a bottle of water after leaving the office and a protein shake this afternoon. At about 3pm I had 1/2 cup of soup, thick but not chunky. Tonight I'm making soup for dinner and I should probably have another protein shake. I haven't felt starving at all today, but my stomach is starting to growl and ache about now (5pm). I sure hope I've hit the sweet spot or somewhat close to it.

I weighed in at 200.5 with my clothes on, which is about a 6 pound loss from my last visit about 6 weeks ago. The nurse was impressed, but the Dr. said to lay off the string cheese. I had to go over my regular meal habits with the nutritionist. Like what I usually eat for Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. That is kind of hard to list, since I eat different every day. I have to admit, I only mentioned the good stuff. I mean are peanut butter cups, chocolate and girl scout cookies even considered a snack (Ha ha)? Anyway, I'm happy with the 6 pound loss and thrilled the scale is going down and with clothes off, I've got to be back in one-der-land. I didn't weigh in this morning after yesterdays trip to the 200's again and having a few pieces of chocolate. But being back in one-der-land feels good again.

I purchased some new blouses a couple weeks ago that were a little snug and all my old blouses look so big that they are no longer flattering, so I'm finding myself in between sizes. I'm anxious for when the new blouses are big on me.

I'll keep you posted tomorrow when I start with some more substantial foods and see how tight I am.

1 comment:

  1. I am on my third fill and at about 6.5ccs, so you could be at 7.5. I am so happy my doc doesnt give little baby fills, like .25ccs every 6 weeks. When I get my fill he just does them in the office, no fluoro or xray. I asked him how he knew that he had hit my port and wasnt just shooting saline into my stomach. He said he draws all of the liquid out that is currently in my band (and thats how he knows that he hit my port), and then puts in all new liquid. Until I asked I didnt know that he took the old out. I ask lots of questions though!

    ReplyDelete