Friday, April 24, 2009

Fun Night...Bad eating

So last night was so fun just spending time with some of my friends from high school and childhood and my mom and her friends too. As far as the game goes, the younger crowd (we are in our late 30's, but the mom's are in their 60's, so we are the younger crowd) never really played and the older crowd hadn't played in so long, that we kind of had trouble remembering the rules and how to actually play the game. It was like the blind leading the blind. Anyway, this was like a leaning game since we were keeping score all wrong and all, but next month we will have it all together. It was still lots of fun.

As far as eating goes, I didn't do so well. I don't have any will power and get me in a room with wine, food and friends and I go wild. Needless to say, I'm not weighing in today. I'm going to put it out there and tell you all the bad stuff I ate and let it go:

B: Protein Drink

L: cottage cheese, protein drink, chicken roll up (2/3)

Snack: carrots

Dinner: 1 soft pork taco

Bunco: Drumroll.............
small pastrami sandwich (small rolls not too much)
some bread with spinach dip
small piece of strawberry pie
2 chocolate chip cookies
1 glass wine

So, I did great all day and went wild at Bunco. If this is going to be a monthly thing, I'm going to have to get a strategy down. Like maybe, on that night, eat a good dinner before I go and I will be allowed 1 and only 1 dessert as a treat and maybe a glass of wine or two. That would be a nice treat once a month huh??

Anyway, I wore my size 14 jeans and one of my new size XL bouses and my hubby said I looked really good. He's so good with the compliments and he makes me feel good too!!

BTW, just an update on my dad. He went home from the hospital the day after his surgery. We are still waiting on the results from pathology to see if they got everything, but the Surgeon felt very confident that they did. My dad always is very good at recovery whenever he has surgery. I mean, when he had the gastric bypass surgery (8 or so years ago), he lost so much weight so fast, that the Dr. used him as a poster example and he is on their brochures and is even on a commercial as well as their website. Anyway, thanks for all your thoughts and well wishes for my dad. He's doing great!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's good to hear about your dad! He sounds like he is very strong.

    Sounds like you had an enjoyable night last night! You know I have read on LBT several times that we have to remember that we are not on a diet...so when we eat more one night or indulge once in awhile, its not like we are cheating or failing. We just didnt make the best choices and that happens to all of us! So I hope it was tasty, and once a month shouldnt kill you :)

    I think as you get more restriction it might help too. If you really didnt want to pig out, I would have something really feeling before I went...maybe a chicken breast or something that takes awhile to go through...

    Anyways...dont sweat it. Congrats on the size 14! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy. You are right :) Also, I forgot to mention that I felt restriction again yesterday at lunch (the chicken wrap) and at dinner, I almost couldn't finish my taco, but I managed. I was stuffed after that taco. It almost seems like my fills kick in after a week or so. Is that possible?? I'm going to have to blog about that and see if it happens for others too. I still am going to get like .5cc on my next appt, but I'm just glad to be filling my fill (like that?) again.

    ReplyDelete