Ok, so went to get the fill, but as you all know, when your on liquids, it's kind of hard to tell how good it is. All I can say is it doesn't hurt and I can drink water and protein drinks fine and without pain. That's always a good thing.
I discussed the fact that I don't want to be too tight and how much he gave me last time and told him the I think .5cc is what I would like and that I'd come back in a week or two if it seems I need more. I asked him about how my menstrual cycle affects my band. And he said it definitely affects it and that it will get tight before and possible during my period. As many of us had said is the case for them, so Dr. agrees. He also said (I can't remember the word he used) the band will tighten and loosen with our moods. He said when your sad or depressed, it will be a bit tighter and when your happy and energetic you will be able to eat more. I haven't noticed that, but would be interested to see if anyone else has noticed that? I guess it kind of goes with the idea that when some people are sad, they don't want to eat and when some people are happy, they gain weight. I'm not sure if this idea is related, but I thought it was interesting.
So back to me and my fill (ha ha!! me, me, me) I must say, I haven't been as hungry as I normally am when I have a fill and am on liquids, but my nighttime munchies haven't kicked in yet. Is everyone out there told to be on liquids for a day or two when they get a fill?? I think I've read other blogs where they can go to eating normally right after the fill, but just to be cautious. Does it hurt to have a little something solid??? I don't see why if your not getting stuck, but I'll follow the rules. I'll eat soft stuff tomorrow. I had a protein shake in the morning, some water and then a protein drink for lunch and then some Slit Pea soup for dinner and I'm going to make a strawberry banana Protein smoothie after I'm done typing. Can you tell I'm starting to get hungry??
As I was leaving the office the Dr. told me Don't be shy about calling for a fill. Come as soon as you feel you can eat more. I told him that I tried to get one two weeks ago, but couldn't get an appointment. He looked unhappy and said to call his main office and they will get me in at one of his offices for a fill. So that made me feel good, I can go to any of his offices to get a fill whenever I need one. And this is the second time he has told me come as soon as you feel you need one. So, I'm going to do exactly that. He was happy with my weight loss of 6 pounds, so I guess I'm on track. He said yo-yoin is ok as long as on the down swings keep getting lower. So, I have a new attitude for today anyways.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I am "supposed" to be on clear liquids for 2 days and then full liquids/mushies for a few days...but I am a bad girl and usually do full liquids for the rest of the day after a fill and then move on to soups, chili, other foods the very next day. I think they just want you to be careful and gradually get used to the new tightness. Lots of docs on LBT dont put any restriction on their patients after a fill.
ReplyDeleteAs for the band changing with your moods...I dunno. People swear that when you are stressed it can be a lot tighter. I would want to know the WHY of this though...why would my band physically be tired if I was sad, happy, etc. What changes in my body that would affect that? (I like to know the science behind things!)
Well keep us posted on how the fill goes!
how many cc's are in your band?
ReplyDelete