Okay, sorry it took me so long to post this picture of my great dessert. It's not much to look at, but it is yummy and it hits the spot when I want a dessert and not so bad either. I couldn't wait to eat it, so it's missing some pieces, but it gives you a look at the different layers in it.
So last night, my mom was picking me up this great pork from this deli she goes to. Its already cooked and seasoned and I shred it and make Carnitas tacos. My whole family loves them and it's easy because the meat is already cooked and done for me. I just add chili, onions and cilantro and walla!!!
Well, hubby went on a bike ride and it was like 5:00 and I was starving, so while I was waiting for him to get home so we could eat as a family, I decided to snack on a little piece of the meat, so I wouldn't be so hungry that I eat too fast. BIG MISTAKE!!!! after about 8 bites, I suddenly feel stuck. I start slimming and needless to say, it was about a 2.5 hour ordeal. When I get stuck, my food doesn't just come up. I have to make it come up. So, I'm sticking my finger down my throat to try to help it out and up comes a lot of slime and a little meat. I go lay down, and I realize I still have more and that slime is just backing up in my pouch, so I do it again. And repeat about 5 or 6 times, until I finally feel like I can swallow my slobber again. It was a horrible experience and the worst yet. Needless to say, I had to go and feed the family and didn't dare go near that meat again. I wasn't hungry anymore, so I didn't have tacos with the family. Sorry if this was too graphic, but boy was it horrible!!!
Anyway. I'm off to a field trip today a walking one because our school can't afford to send any of the kids on buses for field trips, so we have to only do walking ones. We are walking to the local Community College to see the Planetarium. it's about a 2 mile walk each way, so good exercise today and tonight is BUNCO. Fun, Fun!!!
Also, I've been working a lot lately with my new job. Did I mention I hate it!!! :( Not a fun job, but decent money, so I'll continue until something better comes along. I shouldn't complain, I get to work from home and set my own hours. It's just that I have to work a minimum of 15 and you have to schedule your hours and they get taken up fast, so I've been a little frustrated lately. Anyway, had to vent. I feel better now.


That sucks! I am "lucky" i guess bc when I get stuck, I just have to hover above Mr. Toliet and open my mouth and the stuff comes flying out on its own.
ReplyDeleteI like to remind myself when I am going to work (which does not ever thrill me) at least you have a job Amy! At least you have a job Amy! It could be worse.
Your right Amy!!! At least I have a job. I'm goig to repeat that to myself every day and be thankful. Remind me if I start complaining okay??
ReplyDeleteI wish I could just lean over the toilet and open my mouth. It would be so much easier. One thing though, when I'm around a bunch of people, I do think very carefully about what and how I eat. So the experience was probably good for me. I know it will happen again, so I hope it gets easier as time goes by.
Your dessert looks great , why don't you share the recipe. Sorry your slimming problem takes that long to resolve, I do like Amy bend over and there it goes, specialy if I just had some cold water, you can fill the coldness going up my esophagus. I just had an episode last night like that. It happens thats when you know your band still working.
ReplyDeleteYanetsy...I posted the recipe the post before the picture if your interested. It is yummy and band friendly.
ReplyDelete