Friday, May 29, 2009

Hi

So, i haven't blogged in a while. I guess there is nothing new to post. I'm kind of in a funk again as my weight has not changed in almost 2 weeks. I've done a couple days where I gain and then loose again, but no real change. I get very discouraged when this happens. I don't need a fill. I do still have a ton of restriction and can't imagine it being any tighter. I am not eating very much at all, so that just makes the no loss worse. I don't see how I can't be loosing eating what I'm eating. I've been drinking tons of water and managing to exercise at least 2-3 times a week, so what the *?#@ is the problem (pardon my french).

The tightness of my band seems to be in a good place. I would say sweet spot, but doesn't that mean it's tight and your consistently loosing weight?? which I'm not. But to give you an idea of where I'm at. As you know, I don't eat breakfast, just a protein shake. Lunch has been something like this and egg or cheese and crackers (about 5), 1/2 and apple. Dinner is like 1-2 oz meat, 3 bites of corn, 1 slice of pizza (thin crust). I find I can't eat much before I get full and have had several PB episodes. I had a little steak the other night and it sat there for hours. We took the kids out to get doughnuts the other night and I couldn't resist, so I started to eat one and about 3 bites in I got that stuck slimming feeling and was in the bathroom. No more doughnuts. You're probably saying, perhaps this is why you're not loosing, but honestly, I only had like 3 bites and threw the rest away after my kissing the toilet. I find events like that good, because now I don't think I'll be eating anymore doughnuts in the near future, especially the one's sitting in the box that I'm about to throw away because they are getting old. In my pre band life, they wouldn't have made it a day. I find the same thing with bread. I don't even try much anymore, because I know I don't do well with it. We have a loaf of bread that I'm going to have to throw away because it's going bad. I love that because bread is my carb of choice, next to cake and cookies.

I know I won't make it to my first goal of 180 by the 15th now. That would mean I would have to loose like 10 pounds in two weeks and seeing as the scale hasn't moved in two weeks, I don't think that is going to happen.

So, I'm going to try not to weigh myself until Monday and see where I'm at. I need to stop focusing on the weight loss, but it's hard because I love to read the blogs and you all are doing so well and passing me by. I wish I was doing as well as you all. Have a good day!

4 comments:

  1. If you makes it feel any better I have been holding near steady for about 2 weeks too. But then I will lose a few pound the next week. It's funny like that. Could it be possible that you arent getting ENOUGH calories? It doesnt sound like you are eating much at all. Have you tracked your calories (I dont like to do that bc it makes me feel like I am on a diet), but perhaps if you do it for a few days you will see that you are under 900-1000 calories...and maybe your body just wants a little more than that.

    Just an idea.

    What about water and protein?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get down! I feel the same way. Maybe you aren't eating enough calories. if you get below a certain amount of calories per day you will stop loosing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls. My lap band friends always know how to make me feel a little better. I haven't tracked my calories, but I can't imagine that I'm not eating enough. I should probably try that. I have been upping my water to about 64-80 fl. oz. a day because I read somewhere that if you up your water, you'll start loosing again. I've only been doing that for about 3 days, so I'll still have to see if that works. I think I'll try to track calories. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been stuck at this 20 lbs loss for what feels like forever! I have 6 ccs of fill in a 10 cc band and still can eat whatever I want (amount-wise) of almost anything. I do get reminded to eat slow or small bites by getting pain in my breastbone but otherwise I'm totally frustrated by not having any restriction! :( We're all in the same boat to some extent here.. just in different ways. Something is always frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete