Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Holding Steady.....

Well, I'm holding stead at 200 pounds, which I'm actually very happy about. In the past, 200 was my low and it would last a day or two and go back up, but this is 3 days holding steady at 200 pounds and I'm estatic. I usually hit my lows immediately following a fill and then the next day or two the scale goes up and up.

Thanks for all your comments about my big dilema. You guys help so much. I ask my husband and he just doesn't understand this band stuff at all. Really, I talk about it an awful lot and I think he's kind of tired of my stories and daily band talk.

So, this is strange, yesterday, I had my normal protein espresso drink for breakfast. I helped at the school all morning counting money from a fundraiser and when I left, I was thirsty, starving and had some errands to run. I ran through El Pollo Loco with the idea to just grab a light lemonade to drink and then looked at the menu and saw the chicken tortilla wrap and decided to get one. I'm sure the calories are high, but they are pretty small and very tasty. I drank some of my drink and then ate my wrap. I was having some trouble with that a little bit of pain going down, so I slowed down and chewed. All in all, I felt like it wasn't as easy as it normally is to eat something like that, but got the whole thing down. That was lik 11:30am......I didn't even think of food again until 2pm and I drank a crystal light protein drink (120 cal). For dinner I made Quiche. I never have a problem with Quiche and I made tater tots for the hubby and kids to go with it. I served myself 1/8 of the quiche and a few tater tots. After about 3 tater tots I got horrible pain and felt like it was stuck. I could feel it trying to go down and not being able to and then trying again. It hurt real bad and I know I get a horrible panic look on my face. I went into the bedroom to get ready to "hurl" and couldn't then it felt like it finally went down and all was ok. It was about a 5 min painful ordeal. I decided not to have another tater tot and just ate my Quiche and could feel it going down. I stopped at one piece, thought about going for another, but decided against it and didn't feel hungry again that evening.

I don't understand how for 2 weeks I can eat anything and then all of a sudden I feel restriction. I know my monthly visitor is about to make an appearance and people say you have more restriction during this time of the month. But that much of a difference??? Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that I'm feeling some restriction, it's just really hard to gauge how much and when you need a fill when things change so much from day to day. I'm the type of person who wants to know how things work and focus on things until I figure them out. I want to know how my body works and this is throwing me for a loop, and that is why I love blogging because we can all share our stories and figure things out together.

Sorry this post is so long, but on a side note. When it comes to snacks, I figured out that chips go down real easy without a problem as of now and they are something I crave regularly and I don't get full on them, so I can keep going and going. While popcorn,(I buy the microwave light one, about 100 cal a serving) will satisfy that salty craving and a serving acutally makes me full and leaves me satisfied. I'm going to try to keep my cupboard stocked with popcorn and try to grab that as a salty snack instead of reaching for the chips.

1 comment:

  1. I dont have the band but I have a bad habit of eating too fast and not chewing everything up. Then I feel it get stuck and yes that pain for a few mins is awful.

    Congrats on staying at the 200 mark!

    ReplyDelete