Tuesday, March 17, 2009
What Would You Do??
Ok, here is my big problem, and I've already mentioned it once on my blog, but I need some advice. So, I know I need another fill because I'm eating quite a bit, I can eat anything (some things give me a little discomfort, but they don't stick), I've never PB on anything yet. So, I know I need another one. The big delema for me is I can either go in on the 31st of March or the next date the Dr. will be in is the 14th of April. I am going out of town for 3 days with some of my girlfriends and they have no idea I've had WLS and I don't want them to know. Girls out will include eating out and coctails. We are leaving on April 3rd (which would be 3 days after the fill and probably the first day on real food). I really want to get it done sooner rather than later, but on the other hand would love to avoid any embarrasement of spending the evening in the bathroom or sick for that matter. I'm curious what the other banders would do???? I really need to make up my mind, so I can get an appointment. I scheduled for the 14th, but told the nurse I would call back if I change my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


interesting situation... I would postpone the fill until after your girls weekend. Eat, drink, enjoy yourself. They don't know about the band, and this ensures they won't find out through embarrassing PB episodes. I know waiting will be frustrating, but you can jump right back on the horse when you return from you trip and you'll be more motivated upon your return anyway. :-)
ReplyDeleteI would definately get the fill before. I know for me a trip like this could really pack on atleast 5lbs even more for me. By not wanting friends to know, it would help you make better food choices and to eat slowly. Your friends still don't have to know, you can just tell them your cutting back(which is true). I don't know if any of your friends are familiar w/WLS, but I know I never knew anything about PB or any of those things, and if a friend of mine had any of this I wouldnt have even thought twice. So if your friends don't even know about WLS, they probably won't even notice if anything like that was to happen. Unless it gets really bad, but you may not even have any problems like that anyway. Don't forget your almost in the 100's how awesome you must feel right now!
ReplyDeleteI am in sorta the same dilemma. I am scheduled for a fill on Sunday and on the following Friday we are going to a Winery! So there will be wine and alcohol. I am going to have a fill anyway because I want more weight loss. I am the same as you, I can eat anything still. I am not losing either. But of course I am not going with girl friends who don't know. It will help you control what you eat. Drinking won't be a problem really. I will call you tomorrow about meeting up:))))))
ReplyDeleteI guess I meant wine and FOOD...duh of course wine is alcohol:) ha
ReplyDelete